Dominic Toretto- Race (h)

Fast And Furious One Shot

You never had been someone that turned down a challenge, it wasn't in your nature and if you had a chance to prove yourself then you were going to do it.

You'd moved to Los Angeles not long ago, and you were involved in the racer scene in your home town so it only felt natural for you to seek out the racing scene in your new town.

When you eventually found it, it was only a matter of time until the big racer came to find you.

And that was Dominic Toretto.

No one knew who you were when you pulled up next to Dominic's car, they only wanted to know your name after you had won.

You still remembered the day where you climbed out of your car at the finish line and saw the surprise that crossed Dominic's face when he realised you were a girl.

"Who knew a girl could beat me," he stated.

You scoffed and crossed your arms. "Word travels fast Toretto, surprised you've not heard of me."

He chuckled, a smirk on his face. "Y/N Y/L/N isn't it? From Detroit?"

You mimicked his smirk. "That's right."

"Never thought you'd be here in L.A."

You shrugged slightly. "What can I say? Figured I'd come and earn your respect down here."

"What makes you think that you have it?"

"Oh, just the fact that you're still stood there leaning against your car and not fuming," you stated with a nod of your head towards his position. "You know you were beaten fair and square, and by someone better than you no less."

He chuckled, his arms crossing over his chest. "What would you say to a date Y/L/N?"

You shook your head, the smirk still present on your face. "There's a new queen in town Toretto."

"Come on, there's got to be something I can do."

Laughing, you opened your car door. "The day you beat me in a race, that's the day I'll go out on a date with you," you challenged him before climbing in your car and driving off.

Since that day, you and Dominic had been together practically every free chance the both of you got.

Unfortunately, even with the time that had passed and the races that had commenced, Dominic was yet to win against you.

A part of you was beginning to regret the bet that you had made him – who wouldn't want to go out on a date with him, he screamed your type but you weren't going to give in just yet.

He was a big name in town, and even though you liked him, you weren't going to give him the satisfaction of getting what he wanted the moment he asked.

It had come to that time where there was another race and of course you and Dominic were the main event.

You pulled your cars up next to each other and both got out.

"Ready to lose again Toretto?"

He smirked, walking over to you and placing something around your neck. "Good luck Y/N."

When he walked off, you looked at the necklace he had given you and it was a beautiful pendant that had a blue opal stone in the middle of it.

Without saying anything else to him, you got into your car and the race began.

You made the conscious decision to not race as hard – a part of you told you it was because you wanted him to win, but you knew you wanted to go on a date with him but you couldn't tell him that.

There was that voice in the back of your head telling you to believe that he may genuinely have liked you, but you wanted to confirm it yourself.

When the race finished, everyone was cheering for Dominic and you had a smile on your face as you climbed out of the car.

"I guess you earned the date Toretto," you told him as you walked over to him.

He shook his head. "Oh, come on Y/L/N, everyone here could see that you didn't try as-"

You reached him and managed to cut him off by going up on your toes to press a kiss to his lips, to which he kissed you back after a moment of shock.

When you pulled away, he looked surprised but had a smirk on his face nonetheless.

"There's room for a king in this town too Toretto," you stated causing his smirk to turn to a smile. "What do you say?"

~*~

Written by Hannah.

Tumblr Request.