Jeremy Gilbert- Fangs (h)

The Vampire Diaries One Shot

You hadn't exactly chosen the most conventional route for your life, nor the safest, but you had family around you, so you couldn't necessarily complain.

You loved your brother, and he was a hunter first so had wanted you to follow him in that road.

The rest of your group always said how you were the best hunter they knew and got to work with – your brother had trained you well, and knew you'd be the 'head' of the group when something ever happened to him.

Jeremy was the newest addition to your group and he had been around for almost a year.

It would have been rude to say he wasn't attractive, and you did have a bit of a thing for him, but you'd never actually said anything.

For the past month your group had been tracking a vampire that had been messing with the local kids, almost draining them and then leaving them on their front porch for their parents to find in the morning.

It was insanely barbaric, and of course so horrid for the parents let alone the children.

You had tracked them to just outside of Alaska – luckily enough, you were able to find a cottage to stay in for a month or so whilst you were all trying to formulate a plan.

"Y/N?"

Jeremy stood at the door of your room in the cottage, so you turned to face him.

"Are you sure we can do this?"

You smiled at him. "Jer, you're the most confident out of all of us."

"Yeah and even I am worried."

"We'll be fine. When aren't we?"

Jeremy sighed and nodded in agreement.

Within the next hour, everyone had grabbed their gear and were pretty much ready to head out.

"We all know the plan?" your brother quizzed your group – when he got a room full of nods, you all headed out.

It wasn't long before you found where the vampire was hiding out, luckily there didn't seem to be anymore vamps around meaning they were alone.

The group knew the plan, and so all did what they knew they needed to do.

The fight soon broke out – before you could do anything about it, five more vamps jumped out from the woods and Jeremy fell to the floor with fangs at his neck.

The rest of your group were occupied trying not to lose so you ran over to where Jeremy was.

In the process of getting the vampire off of him, you went funny on your ankle and felt it snap but the vampire was then on top of you with their fingers digging into your arms.

As Jeremy was recovering, and scrambling to get up, the vampire pulled out a knife from your belt before proceeding to drag it down your leg so that it cut through your trousers and straight to your skin.

You tried not to cry out in pain, not wanting to give the vamp the satisfaction of hearing your scream but god was it painful as hell.

Behind you, you could hear the rest of your family fighting for themselves and you could only hope that they were winning as you most certainly were not.

The vamp had moved the knife from your legs up to your collar bone and was dragging it ever so slightly over the sensitive areas as they went to hold their fangs to your throat.

Just as they were about to bite, Jeremy shot his crossbow with a stake through the vamp and their dead body fell on top of you.

Jeremy ran over and pushed the vampire off of you, looking down at you with fear in his eyes.

"I knew I had a bad feeling about tonight."

You rolled your eyes at him whilst grimacing in pain.

"Shit Y/N, I had him. Why did you come over?"

"You didn't have him Jer, he had his fangs at your throat."

"You shouldn't have done it," he stated as his eyes roamed over you to check your wounds. "Shit these look really bad."

You sighed, putting effort into lifting your arm to place your hand on his cheek.

His eyes met yours and you could see the concern for you.

"Jer, you're safe so it's okay," you told him somewhat weakly. "I just needed to protect you."

You knew you'd lost a fair bit of blood, and you felt someone picking you up before you passed out and the world went black.

~*~

Written by Hannah.