Daniel Cleaver- Lunch (h)

Bridget Jones' Diary One Shot

Despite having been with your boyfriend for a little over two years, you had only ever visited him at work a handful of times.

It wasn't as if he didn't want you to, it was more you just didn't always have the time to do so and you would always see him at his place during the evenings anyway.

No one had tried to keep Daniel's playboy past away from you, not even Daniel himself, and the fact that he had sat down and told you about everything made you more confident in the fact that he wouldn't act that way during your relationship with him.

As you had gotten the afternoon off from work, you'd decided to go and visit Daniel in work as he never minded when you did.

The staff in the reception recognised you, giving you smiles as you walked past them – which you returned.

On your way over you had grabbed Daniel some lunch as he sometimes forgot to eat when he was at work.

As you walked into the office, some of the staff turned to you with smiles but the majority looked confused as to why you were there.

A few of their expressions turned to shock when you walked right to their boss's office.

You decided against knocking, and just headed straight in to see Daniel sat at his desk and staring at his computer.

"Not taking visitors?"

He looked up when he heard your voice. "I'll always have a visit from you Love."

You smiled at him before making your way over to his desk and placing the lunch in front of him.

"What's this?"

"You forget to eat Daniel," you stated. "So, I grabbed you something on my way over."

Daniel shook his head as he stood up from his desk, grabbing his suit jacket from the back of his chair and putting it on.

"What're you doing?" you questioned out of confusion. "I only came for a quick visit."

He made his way around his desk and offered you his hand. "I'm going to take you out for a proper lunch."

"You can't just leave work Daniel."

He chuckled, pressing a kiss to your forehead. "I'm the boss Darling, I can do what I want."

"You can't just walk out of your office with some random girl."

"Since when are you some random girl?"

You laughed at him. "I didn't mean it like that, but your staff don't know who I am."

"And they don't need to, because you are my girlfriend," he told you with a smile. "And we will go for lunch together if we want to."

~*~

Written by Hannah.