Damon Salvatore- Option (h)

The Vampire Diaries One Shot

When your parents had revealed to you that you were all moving away from Mystic Falls, you broke down.

After living in one place for all your life, your parents had decided to leave it behind and start something new.

However, you didn't agree.

You didn't want to leave everything behind – your friends, your work, your boyfriend.

Your life was a good thing, you were happy with the people around you and yet your parents were making you leave.

It had been a week since they told you and you hadn't agreed with them.

You still hadn't told Damon about it.

Damon had told you a few months into your relationship about his predicament of living forever, and that didn't change anything between you two but you knew he'd follow you to wherever you moved to.

And whilst you would like that, your parents wouldn't.

It was those thoughts in your head that had led you to be sat outside the boarding house at two o'clock in the morning.

You knew that you could go in, however being sat outside contributed to the sobering of thoughts.

"Babe?" your boyfriend's voice came from behind you.

The sound of the door closing didn't come, but Damon soon sat next to you.

"Why are you here? It's 2AM."

You sighed, turning to face him, "I needed to think."

"And you couldn't do that at home and at a more reasonable hour?"

Shaking your head, you pulled your knees up to your chest and stared out at the road.

Damon then sighed before he wrapped his arm around your shoulder to pull you closer to him.

He didn't say anything for a few moments, which was rare for him.

Once you had sat in silence, you were debating what to say to Damon.

"I'm moving."

"No, you're not," he protested.

You turned to look up at him "My parents told me last week, they want to leave Mystic Falls."

"Last week? And you're only just telling me now?" he questioned with hurt in his tone.

Sighing, you nodded. "I didn't know how to tell you."

"You just told me then, didn't seem too hard."

You sighed and then spoke. "This is why I needed to think. I don't want to leave Damon."

"Don't leave then."

"My parents would kill me," you reminded him.

He shrugged. "If you don't want to move, come and live here," he suggested with a smile, "Stefan wouldn't mind but not that I'd ask him."

"Once again, my parents would kill me."

"You're eighteen Babe, do what you want to do."

Shaking your head again, you stood up to face Damon as he was still sat down.

A confused expression was across Damon's face, and he seemed worried.

"I don't want to leave Damon, but I'm not sure if I've got another option."

He stood up, pulling you into a gentle kiss before looking down into your eyes "You've always got another option Y/N – especially if love is involved."

"But it's not here," you had confusion within your tone.

Damon chuckled, pressing a kiss to your lips again, "Y/N – I've loved you for a long time so please don't leave me."

~*~

Written by Hannah.