Karen Brockman- Sister (h)

Outnumbered One Shot

Whenever you were in a relationship, it was bound to be a plus side to get on with the other's family.

Of course, there was always a chance that you could clash with their parents or their siblings and it would end with their family not liking you at all.

You were lucky in that way as Jake's family actually did like you.

Karen thought you were the big sister she never got, Ben enjoyed that there was someone who would join in with his imagination, and Sue and Pete were grateful to have another sensible head in the house.

Even though you and Jake had been together for just over a year, you were treated as if you had been family for such a long time.

Jake had appeared in your life from practically nowhere as you were in college together but Jake was the year above you.

However, you wouldn't change his crazy arse being in your life.

Nor would you change his crazy family.

You had stayed the night at Jake's house and due to your boyfriend not being awake, you had ventured downstairs to see Karen on the sofa in her dressing gown.

She turned to face you when you entered.

"Morning Y/N," she greeted you.

You gave her a smile before sitting down next to her.

"You know how Jake is leaving for university like end of this year?"

Nodding your head in confirmation, she smiled back.

"Are you still going to come here and see us?"

"Of course, I am. I'm not missing out on the customary Sunday dinners."

She smiled at your response and you put your arm around her shoulder.

"Plus, you know you can always drop me a text if you want and I'll come over," you suggested.

"I'd like that."

The two of you sat there for a little longer, hugging and talking about things every now and then whilst the tv was on.

"You remember how I was talking to that boy?"

You looked down at her, "Yeah I do. Harvey, right?"

She smiled when she realised you had remembered. "Well...he kinda, sorta, asked me out on a date."

"Seriously? Aw that's so good," you stated whilst being happy for her.

She laughed nervously. "I haven't told the others because I know they'll freak out," she confessed.

"That's okay sweet," you reassured her. "What did he say you two would do?"

"He said that we could either go to the cinema or go out into town for the day."

You shrugged. "Both sound good and you'll have to tell me how it goes."

"I just don't want the others to know yet. They fully overreacted when Jake told us all about you, and I don't want a repeat of that."

You nodded in understanding.

"But he's really sweet."

"I don't doubt it. He'll fit right in here, I'm sure."

After a few more moments of silence, Karen looked up at you.

She didn't say anything straight away but had a smile on her face.

"You're really like a sister to me Y/N," she stated causing you to smile.

"You never know Karen, she could be your sister-in-law soon enough," Jake's sleepy voice came from the doorway.

You turned to face him, laughing, "I'm only eighteen next year Love, hold your horses."

Karen hugged you slightly tighter "She's already my sister."

~*~

Written by Hannah.