Pat Schneider- Drink (a)

One Day At A Time One Shot

"Right..." the door to your apartment flew open and Schneider, the maintenance guy and landlord, strolled in with his tool belt strapped around his waist and his hands in his pockets, "... what's up this time Y/N?" Without looking at you, he took his belt off and lay it on the kitchen counter before casually opening the fridge, pulling out an icy drink and opening it by hitting the top off the work surface, sending a sticky foam raining over the floor. Taking big gulps of the beverage he turned to face you.

"So... Miss. Peterson..." His face turned pale as he caught a glimpse of you lying on the sofa. "You're not Miss. Peterson, are you?"

Your head slowly turned from left to right. "Miss. Peterson is 50 years old."

"In my defence, she's a good 50... right?" His voice was ever so slightly shaky.

"Well, the small problem is that somebody is coming and stealing drinks from my apartment! Know anything about that?" Schneider looked down at the bottle and slowly put it on the counter, as if you were not to notice, as if you're vision was based on movement like some kind of t-rex.

"I can see you, you know." He slowly nodded.

"Yeah... you can, can't you? Hey, I'll make it up to you and ill buy you a whole case?" He took his wallet out of his pocket and started sorting through the slot of bills. You tapped your finger on your chin and stroked an imaginary beard.

"No... that won't quite do, will it? How about... just one drink, rooftop bar?" He looked you up and down before biting his lip and picking his drink back up, in one fowl swoop he had finished and was walking back to the fridge.

He pulled out one drink and placed it on the side, then another one, then another one and then another one until the fridge was empty.

"Well, looks like just one drink on a rooftop bar won't solve this will it?" With a small fizz another bottle found it's way moving towards his mouth.

"So, shall we say tomorrow night? I'll pick you up around 8:00 am?" You nodded shyly.

"So anyway." He grabbed his toolbelt. "What is your maintenance issue?" He fastened the belt around his waist and did a quick check to see if everything was there.

"Oh, um, well, I never had one."

~*~

Written by Aaron.