Gunther- Friends (h)

F.R.I.E.N.D.S. One Shot

Not many people would have expected for you to be living with your older brother, considering he was divorced and had a son as well as a new girlfriend but your brother would never dream of asking you to leave.

Ross was one of your closest friends, as well as your sister Monica and the rest of the group that had become so close to you in the past few years.

Rachel had been with your brother for a few months, and you were happy for him but it hurt you because the guy you liked was still after Rachel.

Gunther may not have been the guy that your siblings would have put you with, but they were well aware of your feelings for him.

You had worked at Central Perk with him, been his friend for a good few years – much closer to him than ay of the others were, but Gunther still had his sights set on Rachel.

Of course, you would have liked to go out on a date with him, but you weren't going to go up to him and openly tell him how you felt.

That wasn't the type of person you were.

You were the type of person that would rather suffer liking someone who didn't like you back over them turning you down.

Whilst you were sat in Central Perk with your friends, you noticed Monica going to talk to Gunther out of the corner of your eye.

When Monica came to sit back down, your brother got up and went to talk to Gunther pretty much straight after.

Once Ross came back, you spoke up. "Okay, what are you guys doing?"

They all turned to face you, looking like deer caught in headlights.

"I'm not that oblivious, I see you all going to talk to him."

Monica sighed, placing a hand on your shoulder. "We're just trying to help you out."

"Help me out?"

Ross nodded in agreement. "We want you to be happy sis, we don't like you being sat here and staring at him like a lost puppy."

You sighed. "It's hardly my fault that he's still after your girlfriend."

Joey came to sit on the other side of you, wrapping his arm around your shoulder. "Y/N/N, we love you and we want you to be happy," he told you.

You smiled at him but shook your head. "He'll never notice me Joe, it's pointless."

"You won't know if you don't try," he tried to reason with you.

"Joe, I worked here for two years. If he hasn't noticed me by now, then it definitely is pointless."

Chandler sighed and stood up, walking to stand in front of you before holding out his hand.

You looked up at him in confusion.

"I'm taking you over there to him, and we are going to sort this out because I don't want to see you sad anymore."

You sighed before you placed your hand in his, him pulling you up from the sofa once you had.

"Hi Gunther," you greeted him when Chandler had made you stand in front of the counter.

Gunther smiled at you as he cleaned one of the cups. "Hi Y/N. How are you?"

"I'm good," you answered him. "I've seen that my brother and sister have been up here to annoy you."

He chuckled but nodded in confirmation. "Yes. They told me some interesting things."

You rolled your eyes. "What did they tell you?"

He smiled again before he spoke. "Something along the lines of me needing to forget about Rachel and move onto someone else."

"Did they say who this someone else was?"

He nodded again. "You."

~*~

Written by Hannah.

Tumblr Request