Spencer Hastings- More Than Friends (c)

Pretty Little Liars One Shot

You had been close friends with Spencer since you were very young, sharing an interest in schoolwork and both playing lacrosse. It was a friendship made in heaven the two of you being inseparable no matter where life took you. You could tell each other everything and there was never a day you wouldn't talk; not until recently.

Over the last month Spencer had been more and more vacant. She avoided you in the hall and made sure to sit as far away from you in class, she had cancelled all your plans and made excuses whenever you suggested the two of you go somewhere or do something. It truly hurt to think someone you held so dear didn't feel the same. Although you had been friends since you could remember your feelings had grown stronger over the years and you weren't sure if they were still only feelings of friendship which made this distance hurt more than ever.

You had hoped it had just been you being dramatic and that she wasn't avoiding you, but after a week without having said a word to each other and every phone call going straight to voice mail, you knew you had to do something about it. You needed to know why she was acting weird and see if there was any way to recover your friendship.

Spencer had made it impossible for you to get in contact with her at school, so you turned to turning up at her door after school had ended. You weren't sure if she would open the door but luckily, she did. Her face turned pale and she went to slam the door, but you snuck your foot into the gap stopping it from closing the whole way.

"Spencer," you said softly.

"Please go..." she said before you were able to say more than her name.

"Why Spencer?"

She let go of the door looking defeated. Her expression was pained; she looked as though she didn't know what to say to you.

"Spencer, why have you been avoiding me? I thought we were friends. If you don't want that then yeah, it's going to hurt, but at least I know why. It's impossible to live like this after we were friends for so long and now nothing," you whispered.

You didn't want your friendship to end, but you would be far more comfortable if she could at least settle your mind and tell you why there was no more to your friendship.

"I don't want that," she said softly, hanging her head, unable to lock eyes with you.

"That's not what it seems like. Why won't you talk to me anymore?"

"I thought it'd help, I thought it'd make it easier."

You were confused by her comments, they didn't really make sense as she hadn't made it clear what hadn't been helped.

"What do you mean Spence?" You asked desperately, just wanting an answer.

She let out a reluctant sigh. "I thought if I didn't see you, I would stop feeling this way. I didn't want to ruin our friendship, but I guess that happened anyway. I just didn't want you to think I was an idiot."

"You're not an idiot Spencer, but I don't know what you're feeling. However know it would never ruin our friendship," you said gently trying to encourage her to open up to you.

It looked as though the words were painful in her mouth as they attempted to fight their way out. She lost the battle quickly blurting out a lot of words as fast as she possibly could.

"I like you. I like you, like you. I like you more than a friend. But I was too terrified to tell you as I didn't want you to hate me as you don't feel the same, and I'd understand if you did hate me, I'd deserve it but I wanted you to still be my friend even if I can't have mor-"

Her words were sharply cut off as you pressed your lips firmly onto hers as though your life depended on it.

"For someone so smart, you're being really dumb Spencer," you stated, breathless from the kiss. "I like you too."

Before she could say anything else, you kissed her once more.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.