Ravi Chakrabarti- Sandwich (c)

IZombie One Shot

Finishing early from your boring office job, you decided to treat yourself to lunch from the best sandwich shop in Seattle. After listening to your colleague's moan for the last several hours, you deserved more than a sandwich, but you weren't going to complain. You didn't always get the opportunity to go there, due to the shop being closed when you usually finished work, so you were glad to get lunch there.

You'd ordered your food and headed to the other end of the counter to wait for it to be made up. You weren't paying your full attention to walking, which lead to you tripping over something and falling into the man whom was already waiting for his food.

"Are you okay?" A British voice asked.

The man you had tripped into, helped your stand yourself up again, giving you a concerned and sympathetic smile.

"I'm fine," you whispered.

You felt utterly mortified. He was a rather attractive man, and rather than you just tripping over your words which you were sure you would do, you tripped over his foot.

"I am so sorry. I wasn't paying attention and your foot was there... I didn't see it and well... I am really sorry."

He laughed slightly, his smile faltering as a red hue grew across his face.

"It's okay... well as long as you're okay... it'd suck if you weren't okay," he smiled awkwardly.

"I didn't hurt your foot did I? I'm sorry, I'm such an idiot," you sighed.

He shook his head. "Oh... no... no... my foot is fine. And you're not an idiot, you're beautiful... I mean... I don't know what I mean."

"I'm Y/N."

The words escaped your mouth as your hand jutted out to shake his. He awkwardly shook your hand, which you regretted instantly as your hand was terribly clammy.

"Ravi," he stated. "Goodbye."

His expression was of shock as he walked straight out of the shop. Your hands were still clammy, and you felt like a fool having messed up so terribly so quickly.

"Where the hell did he go?" The woman behind the counter sighed. "He left his food. You'd think coming into a shop at least once a week for the last two years would make you remember your food."

"Oh dear. Do you know where he was heading? I could quickly give it to him," you smiled softly.

The woman handed you the bag with your food in, sliding his towards you.

"Across the road. He works in the morgue. Ask someone in the police station for directions," she smiled.

You nodded your head, thanking her for your food and wishing her a good day before heading out of the store with the two bags of food. You'd never had reason to go to the police station, nor to the morgue but now was a good a time as any. Once you entered the station, you asked for directions to the morgue before heading down to the sterile white room.

"How could you forget the food?" You heard a woman shout as you entered the room.

"There was a woman there," the familiar British voice spoke. "She was gorgeous Liv, I panicked."

You weren't sure how else to announce yourself other than to loudly clear your throat. The two voices paused before a terribly pale woman came out of the small side room to give you a smile.

"Hello, is there something I can help you with?" She smiled warmly.

"Oh... um... a man at the sandwich shop forgot his food but the server said he worked here. But I ... um... I may be lost."

The face of the man whom you'd tripped into at the shop poked around the doorway. A terrified expression going on his face.

"Y/N," He said, his voice cracking halfway through your name.

Before you could respond to him, the woman had thrown her arms around you in a tight hug.

"I love you," she squealed. "God I'm starving."

She let go of you, taking the bag of food to lay it out on the counter.

"I probably should... urm... get going," You whispered not wanting to intrude.

"Nonsense," the woman said through the food she had stuffed in her mouth. "You've got food too. Join us. Be nice to get to know you. Ravi's said a lot about you, for someone he doesn't know at all."

"Shut up Liv," Ravi hissed across the room.

You shook your head. "Oh... no... I couldn't intrude. I'll just... go."

Turning on your heel you went to leave but the British voice shouting no and then swearing under his breath distracted you.

"I mean..." he said with a cough to clear his throat. "It'd be nice to have lunch with you. I'd like to get to know you."

Your cheeks instantly became red.

"I think he's trying to ask you on a date," Liv stated once again with a full mouth.

"Well... um... I'd like that."

Liv grinned grabbing her sandwich from the side. "I'll be in the office if you need me Ravi. Enjoy your date."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.