Blaine Anderson- Turbulence (c)

Glee One Shot

You weren't the most confident flyer on the best of days. You had only been on a plane a couple of times and even though it was always a smooth flight, you were absolutely terrified of every aspect of it. The lack of control that came with being in a metal death trap got to you horrifically and left you clinging to your seat. Your nails were embedded in the fabric of the arm rest as you looked out of the window.

The glee club was heading to nationals and the best and easiest way was by plane, even though you attempted to fight for a long road trip being a bonding exercise however you didn't win. Your best friend Blaine had assured you that the window seat was the best for tackling your fear of flying as you could see the beauty of the world around you, but it didn't help as much as you hoped.

You did your best to focus on the clouds but the laughter of your best friend and his boyfriend beside you kept distracting you.

As you tried to come to terms with being in the air and knowing if it crashed you weren't going to survive the worst thing you could imagine happened. The plane jolted violently, shaking uncontrollably as the clouds outside seemed to move erratically.

A high-pitched squeak escaped you as you sought out the arm rest to cling to however found Blaine's leg instead. He winced at the pain of your nails hitting his leg, but he gave you a sympathetic look rather than one of annoyance.

"It's turbulence. It's normal," he smiled warmly moving his hand to cup yours.

He gave your hand a tight squeeze to assure you that everything was going to be okay, even if anything but was going through your head.

"It's going to be okay," he assured. "It won't last long, probably just hit an air pocket, it happens all of the time."

You nodded your head at him, pretty sure that he was far more knowledgeable over the matter than you were.

The plane begun to settle as the pilot apologised for the discomfort that had been caused by the short section of the flight. You let out a sigh, glad that everything was going to be okay- just for now.

"Thank you, Blaine," you smiled softly.

"You're welcome. I told you that it'd be fine," he chuckled.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.