Jughead Jones- Goodnight (c)

Riverdale One Shot

Picking up the phone had been a last resort. You didn't want to phone anyone at any time let alone someone you cared for at three in the morning. You doubted he would appreciate the call, but you didn't have a choice. There wasn't anything else you could do other than phone your boyfriend even if it was long past when he would have gone to sleep.

The dialling tone went on for what seemed like a lifetime, you expected it to lead to the woman's voice indicating that Jughead was still asleep and unable to take your call. Luckily that wasn't the case. The ringing stopped abruptly with a moment of silence. A yawn and a groan notified you that you had woken Jughead and he probably wouldn't be too impressed.

"Hello," he whispered, half asleep, a yawn following quickly.

"Hello," you whispered in a pained tone trying to not let more tears fall once more.

"Why are you phoning me in the middle of the night?" He questioned.

You weren't sure if you had read into it, but you were almost certain that he was annoyed at you. It didn't surprise you though as you had woken him up.

"I'm sorry... it was stupid... I shouldn't have... Goodnight," you said frantically.

Pulling the phone from your ear you went to hang up but you heard his voice desperately call out to you. You put the phone back to your ear.

"Sweetheart, don't go."

"I'm sorry," you repeated.

"It's okay. What's wrong?" He asked. Although he still sounded half asleep, he no longer seemed annoyed, rather concerned now.

"I... urm..." you paused not sure how to phrase it. "I... I had a bad night. I just needed to talk to someone... I wasn't sure what to do."

Jughead cooed softly to you, trying to calm you down from the panic you were stuck in from having such a rough evening stuck within your own thoughts.

"Hey, it's okay sweetheart," he assured you. "I'm always here for you okay, no matter the time. Do you want me to come over?"

Before you could think you had said no to his offer.

"I mean... no thank you. I just think I needed to hear your voice. It has been a long night and I think we both need sleep, but I just really needed to hear your voice."

"That's okay," he laughed gently. "Are you sure you're okay now?"

"Yes... thank you Jughead. Goodnight, My Love."

"Goodnight Sweetheart."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request