#38 - Nico Hulkenberg

Requested by Jumparound247

#38 - I just want to be alone right now

I storm through the front door and walk straight to the bedroom, closing the door behind me. I don't even say 'hi' to Nico. I just can't face him right now. I know that if I talk to him now, I'll start crying and I don't want to cry. Of course, Nico heard me come in and he follows me to the bedroom, but doesn't open the door, being the gentleman he is.

"Liebe, what's wrong?" he asks through the closed door.

"Nothing!"

"Don't lie, I know something's up. Can I come in?"

"I just want to be alone right now."

"I can help you Y/N. Please, let me in."

"Fine," I sigh, knowing he won't give up until I let him in. I hear the door open, not looking up to see what Nico is doing. I have my head buried in a pillow, not wanting to look up to face Nico. Not that it matters, because he'll figure out what's wrong and I'll start crying anyway.

"Liebe, tell me what's wrong."

"It's just work."

"No, it's more than that."

"It's my colleagues," I sigh, sitting up to look at Nico.

"What about them?"

"They just seem to hate me."

"I'm sure they don't, you're not hatable," Nico says, making me chuckle at the word he just made up.

"They really do."

"Why?"

"That's the annoying part, I don't know! I don't know if it's something I did or something I said or," I start, but Nico cuts me off.

"It's nothing you did or said because you don't have a bad bone in your body. If they do hate you, it's because their jealous or because of some other stupid reason that you can't do anything."

"It just sucks."

"I know, but you know what? You just be yourself and just do your work as normally. If they keep treating you like that, tell your boss. And if that doesn't work, you just quit and come with me."

"It's not that simple."

"Yes, it is. You can even skip the being yourself and telling your boss and just quit. I'd love to have you with me at every race," Nico says and I study his face to see if he's serious. Even though we're practically living together, me quitting my job and coming with him is a big step.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, of course! Why wouldn't I be?"

"It's a big step."

"I know, but I don't want you to keep going to that stupid job if it makes you miserable. Especially when I'm not always here to comfort you. Besides, I want you with me, no matter where I am."

"Okay."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah, I'll quit tomorrow and come along with you," I say, making Nico smile widely.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

"And none of that 'I want to be alone right now' nonsense anymore, okay? I'm here, always."