#75 - Pascal Wehrlein

Requestsed by

#75 - Why are you being so nice to me all of the sudden?

You make your way through the F1 paddock when you see a certain driver coming your way. You mentally groan, really not feeling like talking to him at the moment. It's too early for that.

"Y/N, can I talk to you for a moment?" Pascal asks, taking you by surprise.

"Yeah, sure. What is it?"

" I was just wondering what the plans are for next week? I know there's that live event, but I don't really know the details."

"Oh, right. Well, the event is on Wednesday in the afternoon, so you'll be arriving in London that morning."

"Okay, great. Thank you Y/N," Pascal says before walking off, leaving you confused. For as long as you've worked for Sauber, Pascal has never really been nice to you. Which makes you wonder what changed. You follow Pascal towards the hospitality unit and catch up with him just before he enters.

"Pascal, wait," you say, making him turn around, a small smile on his face.

"Yes?"

"This might sound really weird, but why are you being so nice to me all of the sudden?"

"Can't I be nice to you?"

"Of course you can, but it's just..."

"What?"

"You've never really been nice to me before," you say, making Pascal look down and sigh.

"I know that and I'm sorry. I didn't even really realize it until earlier when a friend of mine asked me about it."

"You didn't realize you were being rude to me?"

"I know that sounds stupid, but it was my way of keeping a distance."

"Why would you want to do that? I mean, I understand if you don't like me, but we can still work together normally."

"No, no. That's not the problem. It's actually the opposite," Pascal says, making you look at him confused.

"What do you mean?"

"I do like you. A lot actually. More than I should."

"You like me?"

"Yeah," Pascal says as he blushed, making him look really cute.

"Oh. That's... unexpected," you say, not really knowing how to react to this.

"Don't worry, I'm not expecting anything from you and we can just keep working together. I'll keep it strictly professional."

"Oh, okay. That's great."

"I gotta go, have to meet with my engineer."

"Yeah, okay. I'll see you around then," you say as you pretend to look at the schedule you're holding.

"See you around," Pascal says before walking off.

"Oh Pascal, wait! I forgot to tell you about something in your schedule," you call after him, making him turn around.

"When is it?"

"Sunday evening, 7 pm."

"What's Sunday at 7?"

"Our first date," you say. Pascal needs some time to process what you just said before a huge smile appears on his face.

"I can't wait," he says before walking off to meet with his engineer.