#30 - Max Verstappen

Requested by sariitiisima

#30 - I've been in love with you all my life

"Y/N! Hurry up, we're gonna be late!" your best friend Max calls out.

"I'm coming!" you say as you make your way down the stairs.

"What took you so long?"

"It takes time to look this good," you joke, making Max smile.

"Let's get going, we can't be late."

"Crazy huh? Two of our friends getting married."

"Yeah, it is," Max says as we go outside and get into his car. The two of you drive to the church, where your friends will get married. You arrive just on time and quickly sit down. The  ceremony is absolutely beautiful and you tear up a bit during the vows.

"That was beautiful," you tell Max as you walk to the car to drive to the next venue.

"It really was."

"It must be amazing to have something like they do. A life long friendship that turned into this beautiful romance," you sigh dreamily before getting in the car. Max doesn't get in right away, which confuses you.

"Are you okay?" you asks when Max sits down next to you.

"I have to tell you something."

"Of course, anything," you say as you turn towards Max. He had a nervous look on his face.

"I've been in love with you all my life."

"What?" you say surprised, completely caught off guard by what he just said.

"I love you, Y/N."

"You l-love me?"

"I do. And I'm sorry telling you like this, but when you were talking about a friendship that turned into a relationship, I had to. That can be us Y/N!" Max says as he takes your hand.

"I don't really know what to say."

"You don't have to say anything. Just..."

"What is it Max?"

"Can I kiss you? Just once," Max asks, a pleading look on his face to which you can't say no. You slowly nod, making Max smile. He puts his hand on your cheek and slowly leans in. You automatically close your eyes and wait until you feel Max's lips against yours.

The moment his lips touch yours, it feels as if the world stops turning. Nothing else matters anymore, only Max. You grab the collar of his jacket to make sure he doesn't end this moment yet. You never want it to end.

"Wow," Max says after pulling away as you both need air, unfortunately.

"I want it."

"What?"

"A friendship that turned into a relationship."

"You do?" Max asks surprised and you nod, a big smile on your face, making Max smile as well. He presses his lips against yours again, this time with a bit more force.

Later that day, it was time for the bride to throw her bouquet. Somehow, you managed to catch it. Max winks at you when you look over to him, a huge smile on his face. You blush and hide your face behind the flowers, not able to keep the smile off your face.