#16 - Daniel Ricciardo

Requested by lynibelle

#16 - You make me feel like I'm not good enough

"Are you nervous?" Daniel asks as we walk up to his friends' house.

"A little, but your friends seem nice from what you've told me."

"They are, you don't have to worry," Daniel says as he rings the doorbell. It doesn't take long before it opens, revealing one of Daniel's friends you've seen in pictures. 

"Hey mate!" Daniel says as they do some weird bro hug thing.

"What's up mate?" his friend asks.

"Nothing much."

"Great! Let's go to the back," Daniel's friend says before leading the way to the backyard, where you see some other guys sitting already.

"Hey mate," one of them says and Daniel greets all the guys whilst you just stand there, waiting for Daniel to introduce you to his friends. 

"Guys, this is Y/N. Y/N, these are my friends," Daniel says as he puts his hand on your lower back. You slightly smile at his friends as you wonder why Daniel didn't say you are his girlfriend.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Jake," one of the guys says. The other guys introduce themselves as well before you and Daniel sit down. Daniel starts talking to his friends, just catching up with them. Not once mentioning you're his girlfriend. 

"What's wrong baby?" Daniel asks as you walk up to your front door. You hadn't said a word the whole ride home, annoyed that he didn't introduce you properly.

"Hmm, I wonder," you say before going inside. 

"I don't know, please tell me," Daniel says as he follows you. You ignore him and make your way to the living room. You sit down on the couch and cross your arms as Daniel sits down next to you. 

"What am I to you?" you ask as you look at Daniel.

"What do you mean?" Daniel asks confused.

"What kind of relationship do we have?"

"You're my girlfriend, what else?"

"Then why didn't you tell your friends that?"

"I-I don't know? I just didn't think about it."

"You make me feel like I'm not good enough," you say as tears appear in your eyes. 

"What? Don't be so stupid, of course you're good enough!"

"Then why didn't you say I'm your girlfriend?" you ask as a tear rolls down your cheek. 

"I really don't know baby, I didn't think about it. It's just that I'm so used to having you as my girlfriend, I don't realize that some people don't know it yet. Of course you're good enough for me, you're too good for me," Daniel says he strokes your cheek. 

"Really?"

"Really. I love you Y/N."

"I love you too."