#96 - Stoffel Vandoorne

Requested by Tasha_Stan_Shady

#96 - I'm sick of being USELESS

"I'll do it," Stoffel says as he takes the grocery bags from your hands. You sigh, but let him take them as you know it won't be any use to try to convince him that you can do it yourself. 

"Thanks babe," you say as you feel like you have to.  It's not that you don't appreciate Stoffel's help, but it's not necessary anymore. It's been months since your operation and your doctor has said you can do whatever you want again. But Stoffel doesn't want to hear it, he still wants you to be careful. Which is sweet, but also annoying as he doesn't let you do anything. 

"No problem, anything for my girl. I'll put the groceries away, you go relax a little," Stoffel says as he starts putting the groceries away.

"I'll help," you say as you take something out of one of the bags.

"No, it's okay. I'll do it," Stoffel says as he takes the groceries out of your hand. 

"But I want to."

"And I don't want you to hurt yourself."

"Stof, the doctor said I can do everything again."

"That doesn't mean that you should."

"I'm sick of being USELESS!"

"Useless?" Stoffel asks, taken aback by your outburst. 

"Yes, useless. Ever since the surgery, you've been treating me like a little kid that can't do anything by herself! I'm not a little kid Stof! I'm a grown woman who can manage perfectly fine!"

"You're a grown woman who had surgery and needs to be careful with what she does," Stoffel says, making you groan.

"No! I don't have to be careful anymore! I've completely healed! I can do whatever I want, whenever I want."

"Baby, I just don't want you to hurt yourself."

"Yeah, I've noticed! You haven't even really touched me since the surgery! Not even after the doctor cleared it! I'm not a porcelain doll or something, I can take it!" you say, making Stoffel look down.

"I just care about you a lot. I don't want to lose you."

"You won't lose me. I'm perfectly healthy. I'm all healed."

"I know that, I just don't want to risk it," Stoffel sighs and your heart aches a little as you see his sad expression. 

"Stof," you say as you take his hands in yours, making him look at you, "I'm not going anywhere."

"I don't ever want you to."

"But will you please let me do stuff again? I want to be useful around here, I want to help you, especially when the season starts again."

"I will, I promise. And I'm sorry, I did it because I love you."

"I know that. And I love you too," you say, making Stoffel smile before pressing his lips against yours. 

"So, let's pack away these groceries, shall we," you say after you break apart.

"Hell no," Stoffel says before lifting you up. You squeal and automatically wrap your arms and legs around his body.

"What are you doing?"

"You wanted to be touched, right?" Stoffel says before carrying you to the bedroom.