#31 - Lewis Hamilton

Requested by KingKyliwJenner

#31 - I'm tired of being your secret

Lewis and you had been in a relationship for quite a while now. You traveled with him to all the races and spent the night with him to celebrate race wins or help him get rid of the disappointment after a loss. When he didn't have anything to do, he'd show you around the city you were staying in, telling you all kinds of stories of previous seasons. You loved spending time with him, no matter what you did.

There was one thing that bothered you though. Every time Lewis introduced you to someone, he'd call you his friend, while you both knew you were so much more than that. Sure, the two of you had started out as friends, but that had developed into so much more and you had enough of just being his friend for the rest of the world. And tonight, you are gonna tell him. Well, you were until Lewis won the race and you had to celebrate. But now, laying in his arms, seemed as good a time as any to tell him.

"Lew?" you started as he let his fingers trace over your skin, causing goosebumps.

"Yeah baby girl?"

"What are we? In your eyes."

"What do you mean?"

"If you had to define us, what would you say?"

"I'd say we're made for each other," Lewis says before pressing a kiss against the top of your head.

"Then why am I the only one that knows that?"

"Because you're the only one who has to know. Who cares about the rest?" Lewis says, not quite catching on yet. You softly sigh and try to figure out what the best way is to say what's on your mind.

"Lew?" you start again after a few moments of silence.

"Yeah baby girl?"

"Why do you always introduce me as your friend?"

"Because you are my friend, my best friend."

"But aren't we so much more? You just said so yourself."

"What's this about baby girl?" Lewis asks as he sits up a bit so he can look at you. You sigh and look down.

"You probably think it's stupid."

"You don't know that until you tell me," Lewis points and I sigh, knowing he's right.

"It's just.... I'm tired of being your secret."

"My secret?" Lewis asks confused and you realize he didn't even know he was doing it.

"Yeah, your secret. You never tell anyone about the two of us. It seems as though you want to keep us a secret at all cost. Like you're ashamed or something. Like I'm not good enough," you explain, whispering the last part, looking down as you do.

"Not good enough? Baby girl, there's no one better than you! I'm definitely not ashamed of you or us."

"Then why does the world only know me as your friend?" you ask as Lewis sits up fully. You sit up as well and look at Lewis, curious to hear what he has to say.

"I do that to protect you. You know what the media can be like, they make up the craziest things. Once they know that you're my girl, they'll start saying the weirdest and meanest things about you and I don't want that. There's nothing I'd rather do than tell the world that you're mine, but I don't want you to get hurt because of it," Lewis explains, making your heart melt a little.

"You're the best, you know that right?"

"I try," Lewis says, making you chuckle.

"But if you want to tell the world, go ahead. I can take it."

"You sure?"

"Yeah, I am. I've got you," you say, making Lewis smile. He leans forward and presses his lips against yours for a moment.

"Alright, let's tell the world then," Lewis says as he leans over to his nightstand to grab his phone. He unlocks the phone and opens the Instagram app.

"Are you sure?"

"I want to show you off as my girl, not just as my friend."

"Alright, let's do this then," you say with a smile. Lewis wraps his arm around you and pulls you close. After going to the boomerang option, he points the camera towards to the two of you and presses record. He then presses his lips against your cheek before pulling back and smiling at you. You look up at him as he does, smiling back at him. Lewis stops recording and the two of you look at the little video.

"That's cute," you say after watching it.

"You're cute," Lewis says, making you giggle. Lewis taps his screen and types a short message with it before posting it. Your phone buzzes almost instantly and you raise your eyebrow at Lewis, who just smiles. You grab your phone and look at the notification, which tells you someone mentioned you in a story. You tap it and smile when you read message Lewis wrote with the boomerang.

'My girl @yourinstagram'