#61 - Daniel Ricciardo

Requested by juergenklopp

#61 - You know, it hurt when I realized that you're not in love with me. But nothing can compare to the pain I felt when I saw you fall in love with her

A/N: bit of a sadder one :( I could never see Daniel do this tbh, but it fits the dialogue line

You sigh as you close your laptop. It seems like lately, you can't look on the internet without seeing an article about them. Your ex-boyfriend and his new girlfriend. They're the hot new couple everyone's talking about. Meanwhile, you're still hurting inside because of your break up. 

You decide to go to your favorite café, figuring it might cheer you up a bit. You put on some shoes and grab a coat and your purse before heading out. The café isn't too far, so you decide to walk there as it's very nice weather. 

Once you're there, you order a tea and a piece of your favorite cake as you feel like you deserve it after all that you've been through. Breaking up with someone is hard enough, but seeing your ex, who you thought was in love with you, move on so quickly, that makes it even worse. 

"Y/N?" you hear a familiar voice say, making you look up and look into the beautiful brown eyes you love so much.

"Daniel, hey," you say, looking down again.

"Can we talk?"

"What's there to talk about?"

"A lot, actually," Daniel says as he sits down across from you.

"You broke up with me and moved on, nothing more to be said."

"That's not true, there's plenty to be said."

"Like what?"

"Like how sorry I am," Daniel says, making you scoff.

"It's a little too late for that."

"I know that, but I just had to say it."

"It doesn't change the fact that you broke my heart."

"I know that too and I wish I could take that back. I never wanted to hurt you."

"Well, you did. You know, it hurt when I realized you're not in love with me. But nothing can compare to the pain I felt when I saw you fall in love with her."

"I was, am in love with you."

"You have an interesting way of showing it."

"Look, I wanted to be with you, but I had no choice," Daniel says, confusing you.

"What does that even mean?"

"I love you, I do. But this girl, she's..., it's complicated."

"Wait, you're not dating her because you want to, are you?"

"No, I'm not," Daniel says, making your eyes widen. You never thought something like this could ever happen to you.

"You broke my heart for your career," you conclude, making Daniel look down and nod. 

"They gave me no choice, it was that or my career was over. I'm so sorry Y/N, I really am."

"Sure you are," you say as you get up, leaving behind your tea and delicious cake to walk out of the café. You can't look at the man you loved, still love, any longer. 

"Y/N, wait!" you hear him call after you, but you don't listen, you just keep walking. Sometimes, things are better left unsaid.