#32 - Max Verstappen

A/N: It's been a little harder than I expected to get back into writing after being on holiday. So it might take a little longer for me to post, but be patient, I'm working on the requests. But I did close the requests for that reason as I want to work on the ones I have first, without adding pressure from more and more requests coming in. I'll open them again once I've caught up and I'm fully back into writing. Hope you understand!

Requested by nic_nadzwyczajnego_

#32 - You know, it's okay to cry

"Okay, thank you. Take care," Max says before hanging up the phone. He doesn't even have to say anything, you can see on his face that it's bad news.

"Well?" you ask anyway.

"The doctors can't do anything for him anymore. He's going home tomorrow so he can be with his family," Max says, looking down.

"I'm so sorry Max," you say as you wrap your arms around him. It's been though for him having to see one of his best friends suffer through all the chemo's and treatments. And none of it worked.

"It was always a possibility," Max says as he gets up.

"Yeah, I know. But that doesn't make it any easier."

"He's still got time," Max says as he starts making himself some food. You sigh as you know what he's doing. He's ignoring the situation as he doesn't know how to deal with it. But who does know how to deal with something like this?

"Max?"

"Yeah?" Max says as he turns around to face you.

"You know, it's okay to cry," you say, which seems to break something in Max. He looks down and you can see a year rolling down his cheek.

"It's just so unfair," Max says and you rush over to him, wrapping your arms around him.

"I know."

"Why him? What has he ever done to deserve this?"

"I don't know babe, I really don't."

"He's one of the best guys I've ever met, he's one of my best friends!"

"And he always will be, no matter what," you say as you look up at Max. Your heart breaks a little when you see the tears in his eyes. If only there was something you could do to for him. But you know there isn't. He has to go through this himself.

"What do I do?"

"We're gonna go visit him, together. And you're gonna spend time with him and not think about him being sick. He's still the same person, he's still your friend."

"I need you, now more than ever."

"I know and I'm right here."

"I can't do this without you Y/N. I can't lose another person that's important to me," Max says as tears continue to roll down his cheek. You put your hands on his cheeks and make him look you in the eye.

"You're not gonna lose me Max, I love you."

"I love you too. Thank you so much for sticking with me."

"I wouldn't want to be anywhere else."