Chapter 2

IMPORTANT

Sam has never met Castiel. Dean has only ever talked about him but only said that he appeared in a bright light. Sam has no idea what Castiel looks like or who he is or anything about it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Sam's POV)

The long ride home was silent. Both of us were exhausted because of the hunt and it showed in our movements. Dean silently pulled into the motel parking lot and we sat in silence for a few more moments before getting up and going inside. Staggering in pain and covered in blood, I stumbled into the motel room with a bloody Dean in tow. After a bunch of cursing and some more stumbling, we managed to make our way to the bathroom where we stitched up our wounds.

We quickly cleaned the bathroom so there wasn't any suspicion about the guests staying here, before stumbling into the room and collapsing on the bed. I stared up at the ceiling and sighed before turning to Dean. "That was one hell of a hunt huh?" I asked. I was a little worried when he didn't answer at first until I heard the quiet snoring and I chuckled to myself, relaxing back against the bed. I closed my eyes and tried to go to sleep but I couldn't get Alastair's words out of my head.

"You are going to start it Sammy. It'll be your fault but it had to be you... it always had to be you." What did he mean by that? Was he telling the truth? I mean I know demons lie but don't they sometimes tell the truth especially if they know it'll mess with your head? I was so confused about what he had said, so I decided to stop thinking about it.

I groaned and rolled over trying to go back to sleep once again but another thought prevented me from doing so. I hated that I needed the Demon blood. I had become so dependent on it. It was as if it was my lifeline and the only thing keeping me where I'm at right now. I kept telling myself that I was doing this for the right reasons but was I really? Am I really only doing this so that Dean doesn't have to do what the angels tell him he has to do? That may have been the reason at first but I think it helps me believe that I am stronger than I am and that I won't be a helpless child. That may be part of the reason as well and since I had no clue where Ruby was... that power was slowly starting to fade.

I shook my head, sighing, and got out of bed, knowing that I wouldn't get any sleep if I continued to lay there and my thoughts would only get worse. I decided that I needed to go for a walk. I silently slid out of bed and put my shoes on, tightly tying my coat around me so that the blood wouldn't show because I was still too exhausted to change. I might as well go to the corner store and get something for Dean while I'm out.

I slid out of the motel room and into the dark, cold, and unforgiving night and began making my way down to the Corner Store. I opened the door and immediately winced at how loud the bell was as it rang out through the quiet store. The cashier and customer looked up when I entered before going back to their conversation. They were the only two people in the whole place. I silently browsed the shelves looking for candy and pie.

I kept looking up at the guy talking to the cashier. There was something about him that made me keep looking. He was kinda cute but I didn't think that's what it was. No one knew that I was interested in guys. I preferred females but that didn't mean I wouldn't go out with a guy if he asked. Not even Dean knew that I liked guys and it was a miracle that I've kept it a secret as long as I have considering I've lived with Dean for the past four years. We went everywhere together and I've almost been caught staring at a guy a few times.

I grabbed a bag of warheads for myself before heading towards the counter. As I approached the man turned and his eyes flashed black. The cashier yelped and dove behind the counter to hide. I grabbed the demon knife from my back pocket. I was always prepared for this kinda thing. I stepped forward, swiping my knife as I did so but the demon side-stepped quickly. I hit the counter and quickly turned around. I thrust the knife forward only to meet nothing but air.

The demon hit my back before using his magic to send me flying across the room and against the wall. I struggled to get up, a dark haze setting in but I refused to be beaten by a demon. I lunged forward and thrust the blade into his chest. His face shocked, mouth open in surprise, as the black faded from his eyes. Then the person fell to the floor, dead. I wiped the blood from my face, and found myself staring at the knife. At the blood dripping from it.

"Th-thank you..." the cashier stuttered bring me out of my thoughts. I shook my head and nodded in reply before handing him the money. He tried to refuse it saying that I deserved it free since I saved his life but I wouldn't have it. I put the cash on the counter and left as quickly as I could. Great. Now my jacket is covered in blood too. Ugh.

I opened the motel door and silently made my way to the bathroom, deciding that there was no way I was going to be able to sleep anyways. The water slid down my face as I rested my head on my hand against the wall. I kept replaying the day in my head, taking deep breaths to calm down a little. I was in the shower long after the water had turned ice cold and I shivered, finally deciding I needed to get out.

I pulled the towel of the rack and wrapped it around my mid-section before scuttling out of the bathroom. As soon as I opened the door a bright, blinding, white light filled the room and I quickly covered my eyes. What the hell is that? When the light faded, I slowly removed my arm from my eyes and found short man standing there, looking confused. Amber eyes finally turned and met his own.

I was frozen to the spot. This must be what Dean meant when he said the angels suddenly appeared in a bright light. Wait... Is this Castiel? The man stood frozen as well, he blinked slowly before finally taking in his surroundings. Then he took in the tall boy in front of him. I was so weirded out. I felt like I was being judged and I hated the feeling. Castiel is kinda cute...

I shook my head and and felt the heat rising to my cheeks. "Let me uh... get something on..." I said awkwardly. The angel nodded and I quickly changed into something far more appropriate than the towel that was around my waist.

I walked over to the angel and asked him if he wanted anything as I showed him to the table. "Do.. do you uh... have any candy?" he asked. I nodded and went to the bag, giving him my warheads because I knew Dean would be furious if I gave him his candy. I turned to start maing my coffee, an awkward silence filling the air, suffocating me. Once the coffee was finished I turned and sat across from the angel, staring at him and trying not to laugh at how much candy he was stuffing in his face.

He stopped chewing when he saw me staring and quicky swallowed the food in his mouth. "So... uh... who are you?" I asked trying to start a conversation. I was pretty sure I knew who he was but I wanted to know for sure.

"Gabriel." he replied simply. So I didn't know who he was.

"Why are you here?" I asked, wincing as I realized how rude it sounded.

"I'm looking for someone. I need to tell him something."

"Who are you looking for?" I asked.

"Sam Winchester." he said and my eyes widened. He was looking for me. Why was he looking for me? Could it have something to do with the demon blood and what Alastair said? Nah I highly doubt that.

"Why?"

"God sent me to tell him something." was all Gabriel said.

"So why are you looking for him... I mean what do you need to say that's so important that God sent you to do it?"

"I can't tell you that. That's private."

"I'm going to ask again... why are you looking for him?" I asked again. I wanted to know why he was here and what he wanted to say first.

"I'm going to tell you again... I can't tell you that. Do you know where Sam is at?"

"Yeah. I do. Now what do you need to say to me?" I asked angrily. I tried to keep my voice down so as not to wake Dean up. Gabriel's eyes widened and he mouthed the word 'oh' before leaning forward.