Chapter 59

Gabe

The four of us stood in line, waiting to get into the school.

Our school had decided to have a 'Back to School' dance again because we were coming back after Christmas break.

I thought the idea was really stupid, but Cas wanted to go, so we went.

"It's so cold," Sam whined, huddling closer to Dean, who merely chuckled and pushed him away.

"Go snuggle with someone else," Dean said, laughing when Sam stuck his tongue out at him.

At last we got inside, immediately grabbing a table. None of us really liked to dance, but for whatever reason, we kept coming to them.

"I wanna do something a little abnormal," Cas stated out of the blue.

"Like what?" I asked.

"I have an idea!" Dean shouted. "Ask a random person to dance with you for a song."

"He won't do that," I interjected.

"How do you know?" Dean challenged.

"Because I know my brother." I crossed my arms, staring at Dean, challenging him to disagree with me.

"Let's make a bet then," Dean started, raising an eyebrow.

"Fine! What's the bet?"

"If Cas does do it, then you," he trailed off, contemplating. "You have to slow dance with Sam."

"What?" Sam shouted.

"Okay, and if he doesn't?" I questioned. 

I could dance with Sam to one song. It's not that big of a deal. There are no feelings involved, right?

"I will," Dean trailed off, unsure.

"What if he waited on us all night? If we wanted water, then he gets us some," Sam suggested. Dean immediately deflated.

"Sure. We'll go with that."

So we talked and waited to see if Cas would do it and it felt like things were going my way as the end of the dance approached.

Suddenly, Cas stood.

"Where are you going?" I asked, bet forgotten because I was so confident that I would win.

"To do something crazy," he replied, walking off, my heart sinking.

Cas tapped a guy on the shoulder and I sucked in a breath, hoping Cas wouldn't get beat up.

If he went after a girl, it was different because she would assume he was just some lonely guy looking for a date.

With a guy, Cas is hoping that he's into dudes and will dance with him.

All of us watched the interaction, tense and ready to leap into action if need be.

After what felt like hours, but could have only been a few minutes, Cas turned back to us, grinning, and winked before stalking off with the other guy to dance.

I watched in astonishment, jaw dropped, as he swayed gently with the dude, seemingly having fun.

"You lost," Dean chirped, grinning wolfishly.

I sighed, glancing at Sam who seemed really tense.

"Excuse me a moment," he stated, grabbing Dean's hand, dragging him off angrily.

I watched curiously as the two of them argued, Sam throwing his hands up in frustration.

Cas sat beside me with a sigh.