Chapter 9

Sam

"Rise and shine Sammy!" Dean yelled pulling back the curtains letting in the light which assulted my eyes. I groaned, yanking the covers up over my head to stay in utter darkness. I pressed my fingers to my temples, massaging, hoping to alleviate the pain. "Aww come on..." he whined and I growled at him as I crawled out of bed, making my way to the bathroom.

I leaned over the toilet, wretching. I probably should have sobbered up before going to be last night because I definitely had a hangover. "Hangover?" I nodded, humming in response. "How you feeling Sammy?" I groaned, glaring at him. "I guess mixing all those drinks together was a terrible idea." he said chuckling.

I groaned again. "I can still taste the tequila."

"You know there's a really good hangover remedy. It's a, It's a greasy pork snadwich served up in a dirty ashtray." I scowled at him before wretching again.

"I hate you."

Dean chuckled. "I know you do. So look, Cas and I are going out. See you later?"

I raised an eyebrow. "Oh?" He then proceeded to grab a pillow and throw it at me. "You two finally getting some action?" I laughed and Dean turned bright red causing me to laugh louder. My stomach churned and I groaned, leaning over the toilet again.

Gabe

"Thanks for helping me set this up Cas." I mumbled, scratching the back of my head and looking out at the set up before us.

"No problem Gabe. Hey, do you mind me coming with you to the hotel? I wanna see Dean." he mumbled shyly. I chuckled and shook my head. He smiled at me thankfully and we disappeared in a flash of light.

I stumbled upon reappearing and looked around the room. Sam was nowhere to be found. "He's uh... busy." Dean said and I nodded. I stood awkwardly to the side as Dean and Cas started talking animatedly. "Where should we go?"

"What about Applebee's?"

"For a date... I guess."

"No let's not do that. Applebee's tends to have dirty plates."

"What about Mallow Mushroom?" Dean asked.

"What kind of resteraunt is that?" Cas asked laughing.

"I have no idea. Oooh. I know let's go to... what's the name... give me a sec." Cas started laughing as Dean tried to consentrate on his thoughts. I sighed, shuffling awkwardly for a bit before deciding to get away. "RIGHT! Let's go to First Watch."

"Sounds great." Cas chuckled. I shook my head and closed the bathroom door behind me, sliding down the door, sighing.

"Well that was awkward." I whispered, staring at the ceiling. I ran my hands down my face. They seemed so happy about their plans for the date. Neither of them seemed nervous. I, on the other hand, was extremely nervous about asking Sam. I sighed, rolling my eyes.

A round of laughing came from the other side of the door and I groaned, getting up to wash my face. I looked in the mirror and spotted a foot. Stalking over towards it, I realized it was Sam, hunched over the toilet bowl and I couldn't help but laugh, sliding down the wall until I was sitting on the floor. "Of course... you'd be here." I breathed between laughs.

Sam groaned, throwing a pillow at me before laughing along with me. When we finally stopped laughing, I furrowed my brows in confusion. "Where did you get the pillow from?"

"These are luxurious bathrooms that come with pillows for your back." he said seriously.

"Really?"

"No.... Dean threw it at me earlier." he laughed and I joined in a moment later. I looked at Sam, opening my mouth to ask him something but butterflies flittered around my stomach. What if he said no? Dear dad, I sound like a teenage girl. Sam watched as I struggled to ask him out. I finally opened my mouth to tell him when the bathroom door opened.

"Alright. Dean and I are heading out. Have fun on your date." Cas said, smiling as he shut the door.

"Date?" Sam asked. I stuttered, trying to come up with an excuse. He didn't want to go out with me after all. I should have known. I kept trying to think of something and Sam's eyebrow shot up to his hairline. I sighed. There was no getting out of this one.

"I was going to ask you on a date. Cas just assumed you said yes already because I had asked him to help me set it up and I hadn't told him that I hadn't asked already. You don't have to say yes..." I started mumbling but I was cut off when Sam hugged me tightly.

"Of course I'll go on a date with you." he whispered and my pulse sped up. Suddenly Sam pulled away and leaned over the toilet, wretching. I pulled his hair back so it wouldn't get in his hair. I rubbed soothing circles on his back and chuckled. I never thought I'd be doing this for anyone.

"Let me just... take a shower first." he mumbled. I nodded and left the bathroom, sitting on his bed. I stared out the window. The sun was already setting and I smiled. This was going to be a fantastic date.

Sam

I quickly changed and stepped into the room. Gabe was nowhere to be found and I frowned slightly. Suddenly something covered my eyes and I jumped. "Sorry, love. I just don't want you to see it yet. Not until we get there." I nodded in understanding.

A few seconds later the blindfold was being taken off of my eyes. I guess he just teleported us here. I gasped when I saw the beautiful sighe before me. There was a lake surrounded by glowing purple flowers. Lightning bugs danced across the lake and the trees were strung up with lights. There was a picnic blanket lying on the grass and a wonderful smell filled the air.

I sat down as he lit a few candles. He also turned on a small little radio and it played beautiful classical music as he began unpacking the food. He had red wine and soda which I was grateful for. I did not want to repeat this morning all over again. Containers full of food were brought out and my eyes popped at the meal in front of me. He had bruschetta bites, risotto balls, and cheese and crackers. He also had summer rolls, tiny sandwiches, and a ceasar salad. The best thing though, was the array of desserts. He had lemon cakes, chocolate cookies, brownies, pastries, hand held pies, and all sorts of other goodies.

I looked up at Gabe. A small blush dusted his cheeks. "I hope it's enough."

"It's perfect." I said hugging him tightly.

"Good."

I pulled away and eyed the food hungrily. He poured us some wine, smiling widely and I found myself smiling as well. Suddenly I sat up straight and turned to face the woods behind us. I felt as though someone were watching us but I didn't see anyone so I shrugged it off.

We ate our meal talking about our lives and things of the sort. Once all the food was gone, we stared out at the lake, watching as fish swam through, some glowing, some not. It was beautiful view but I couldn't get over the feeling that someone was watching us. I watched as Gabe talked animatedly about anything and everything. Suddenly he stopped talking.

"What?"

"You are gorgeous, you know that?" I asked. He blushed deep red and I leaned over, kissing him. He jumped in surprise and I instantly pulled back. "I am so sorry. I didn't really think about it, I just did."

"Don't be sorry. I was just surprised." he said. I stared out at the lake again, sighing contentedly. I shivered a bit and Gabe warapped his arms around me. I instantly warmed and was glad that he was here.

"Thank you."

"For?"

"This date." I whispered, snuggling in closer into him.

"Of course." He whispered hugging me tighter.

This was perfect.