Chapter 3

(Gabriel's POV)

"Yeah. I do. Now what do you need to say to me?" he asked. Man, I felt so stupid. How come I didn't figure it out before?

"I'm supposed to tell you.. to stop drinking coffee... you smell like coffee beans and it's disgusting." I joked and Sam started laughing, his dimples appearing on his face. I soon started laughing too.

I've always been a little more "human" than the rest of the angels because I have run away from home quite a few times. I've become the trickster so that pepople don't mistake me for the angel I was. I've become the god Loki so that they could forget about it. I've tried everyting in my will to stay away from heaven and it's madness. I have spent more time with the humans than any of the other angels have. Even though the huans did have their faults it wasn't nearly as bad as the angels.

Once Sam and I finally managed to catch our breaths, Sam looked at me through his thick lashes, utter exhaustion written all over his face. There was a long, awkward pause before he broke the silence. "I'm exhausted. Do you mind if I hear whatever you need to tell me tomorrow?" he asked. I shook my head and Sam sighed, relieved.

"Do you mind if I stay here until tomorrow? I have nowhere else to go."

"Yeah, sure. Go ahead and take my bed, I'll sleep on the carpet." he said. I waited for him to realize that I was an angel. I didn't need sleep. "Right. Forget I said that." he said embarrased and falling into the bed. Just a few seconds later, a light snore sounded from him and I knew he had fallen asleep.

I sat back down at the table and tried to think over the weird feelins I've had since landing here. I had definitely blushed when I first saw Sam in nothing but a towel. I didn't understand why though. I've never actually blushed before. Then there was that feeling I got in the pit of my stomach a few minutes afo when Sam and I just sat in an awkward silence for a minute staring at on another. I didn't understand these feelings. They were so human.

A groan shook me from my thoughts and I looked over to Sam to find him twitching as he tossed and turned. Plaster started falling from the ceiling as the room began to shake. The furniture rattled and the glass on the bedside table fell to the floor and shattered.

Dean bolted upright, staring at me in terror. "Who the hell are you?" he asked loudly, trying to be heard over all the noise.

"The archangel Gabriel."

"Do something!"

I stumbled over to Sam and touched my fingers to his forehead to rid him of the nightmares but it didn't work. I could feel the fear rolling off of Dean, mixing with my own. Why was I scared? I shouldn't be. I just met this guy. I shook my head and then and idea hit me. I crawled onto the bed and sat behind Sam and wrapped my arms around him puring all my power into the hug, hoping that it would do something and for a minute absolutely nothing happened.

Panic flooded through me and I was confused but I decided that I would sort through it later. At the moment there were more important thing that I needed to tend to. Finally everything stopped rumbling and I calmed down a little as Sam's eyes shot wide open. Everything seemed to be fine and I was able to breathe again, confused about what this meant for me, but breathing nonetheless.

Suddenly, Sam started gasping for air. He tried and tried but he couldn't get any and I realized he was having a panic attack. I had no idea what to do. "What do I do?" I asked and Dean stared at me, fear rolling off of him once again. I started to panic but knew I had to keep calm otherwise something terrible could happen to Sam.

"Stop his breathing."

"Couldn't that kill him?"

"No... just do it." he said and I nodded quickly. I did the first thing that came to mind... I kissed him. I had no clue if Sam's breath had stopped with that kiss but I sure as hell was breathless. I pulled away, Sam frozen in shock and I was a little upset to say the least but my relief that he was alive and okay overwhelmed that. Again I was confused. Human emotions were a strange thing but then I realized... why the hell was I having human emotions?

Everything was quiet for a minute and I realized that I still had Sam wrapped in a hug. I jumped back slightly and Dean chuckled. "So uh... is this a thing I didn't know about?" he asked. I turned away from him so that he wouldn't notice my scarlet red face. "So how did this happen?" Dean asked.

"Nothing happened here." I said.

"I meant... how did you guys meet?"

Both Sam and I blushed bright red and Dean started laughing his ass off. Sam began to explain and when he got to the towel part, Dean couldn't stop laughing. "That's... that's freakin amazing."

I glared at him and Sam joined in a moment later and Dean finally shut up. I was suddenly lightheaded and I realized I used a lot more of my power on Sam than I thought I did. Sam grabbed my shoulder. "Are you okay?" he asked seriously.

I nodded but immediately regretted the action. My head was pounding and I squeezed my eyes shut real quickly. Sam yelled at Dean and layed me down. I felt a warm presence next to me and I knew that Sam had layed down and then everything went black.