Chapter 19

NOTE: I know that I don't update this a lot sorry. I watched infinity wars and decided that I needed to fix it so I'm working on a draft for that story right now. But here is this chapter. I apologize in advance if my writing isn't as good right now because I am writing a lot of stories in the third person and coming back is a little weird. I also apologize if I start writing in third person, just let me know and I'll fix it. Before you get all mad at me because Sam and Gabe have a very similar schedule and that isn't possible, it is. When I was in middle school I literally had all but one class with one of my friends. I had band and she didn't, and that was it. So please don't harp on me for that. Enjoy. -Captain.

Sam

When that boy walked into the lunch room, I knew that I was screwed. He was really cute. I have always been aware of guys and find them quite attractive and I've even dated a few but most people don't know that. Of course none of the guys I've known since 7th grade have been cute and I've been dating Jess for a while now, so I never could date anyone else.

This kid though... I knew I was going to have a hard time with him around. I guess it's a good thing we are in high school and no one has more than a class or two together, hell... I might not have him for any and I was totally okay with that.

When he introduced himself I couldn't help but smile a bit. He seemed different than any of the other people on the face of the Earth. He took a seat next to me and I felt myself blush a little.

"Don't you need to get your schedule for the school year?" I asked, trying to make some kind of conversation.

"I got it over the summer. They sent it to us because we were moving and they didn't know if we would have time to get the schedules as everyone else does."

"What year are you in?" Jess asked.

"Well, I'm a sophomore. Bal and Luc are as well." he replied.

"Cool." I replied, trying not to seem nervous. He looked over at me, cocking his head in confusion before shaking it.

"I don't know where any of my classes are though, could you show me around?" he asked. I didn't trust myself to speak at the moment so I just nodded. "I didn't catch your name..."

"Oh.. sorry. I'm Sam." I said quickly, sticking my hand out for him to shake. He gave me an odd look but shook my hand anyway. Jess leaned over and asked what all that was about and I just shrugged. That was a bit odd. No one really shakes hands anymore. 

Suddenly the bell chimed for first hour and Jess kissed my cheek before heading out, promising to see me in third hour. "So...uh... what do you have for first hour?" I asked, leaning over to look at his schedule. My eyes widened as I looked at it though. Almost all of our classes were together aside from 3rd and 4th hour, but even then, they were right next to each other.

"You okay?" he asked worriedly.

"Yeah... just... we have a lot of the same classes." I mumbled. "Here... follow me."

We walked quietly to first hour and I found myself fidgeting quite a bit, which I never do. When we got to the class, there was no teacher and I sighed because now we had extra time to talk to one another.

"So how do you like it here in Kansas so far?"

"Well, our house is a little smaller but it seems like the education system here is a little better. I haven't been here too long, and most of the time I've been helping Anna fix up the other room in our house so I don't have to share a room with Balthazaar and Lucifer anymore.

"You have a brother named Lucifer? That's so cool man." Adam said, plopping down in the seat in front of me, sticking his hand out for Gabe to shake. Maybe it wasn't so weird after all.