Chapter 27

Gabe

Shaking off the odd feeling of Dean knowing I was there, I walked back down to the lane.

Sam was still hunched over, his hair still in front of his face. "I think... I have... bathroom. I have to go to the bathroom," he mumbled, running away.

We sat in silence a moment, Cas getting us some food, so it was just Dean and I. There was an awkward silence in the air and I tried not to think about it too much.

"I know you heard the conversation between Sam and I," Dean said as he started switching the teams so that Sam and I were together.

"W-What makes you think that?" I stuttered, silently cursing myself for doing so.

"I could see you Gabe. Standing still doesn't make you invisible you know."

I chuckled lightly. "I suppose not."

"So..." Dean prompted.

"So what?"

"Are you going to forgive him or are you going to make him suffer?"

"I'm still a little confused about what you were talking about."

"What is there to be," he trailed off for a second, "uh, confused about?"

I turned to find my brother walking back towards us with a tray of snacks in his hands. I chuckled, shaking my head slightly. "Dean, I'm not confused, but I'm also not sure how I feel about the entire thing. What I'll do, but it appears that-" I turned to look at my brother again- "you are in the same boat as Sammy."

"Wh-what," he spluttered.

I patted his shoulder awkwardly. "Just don't mess everything up with him like Sam did with me, be nice."

Dean looked at me confused, obviously wanting to ask me something, but Cas arrived, setting down the drinks and stuff. I shrugged, leaving to help my brother sort everything out.

Sam came back moments later, looking much better than he had a few minutes ago, and for once, I wasn't upset that he was here. "New teams," I stated, gesturing towards the board, "Me and you versus Dean and Cas."

Sam, though he looked shocked that I was talking to him, he nodded, walking over to Dean to say something.

"So, you're talking to him again, I see."

I jumped slightly, startled by Cas talking right next to me. "Yeah-" I shrugged- "I just heard something a few minutes ago that changed my entire outlook on the situation."

"So you're going to forgive him?"

"Not yet. I believe that he's upset by it, but I don't want to forgive him just yet," I stated.

"Don't wait too long," Cas paused, looking me in the eyes, " I don't know if he can handle it much longer."

I nodded, grabbing a nacho from behind him as I strutted off to the lane, picking up my ball as I finished off the chip. I threw the ball down the lane.

I smirked as I heard the pins fall, signaling a strike.

Sam stared at the lane dumbfounded, trying to figure out why I suddenly started getting strikes. Cas volunteered to go first and Dean just let him, then he told Sam to come talk to me and Sam, reluctantly, agreed to.

Sam

I walked over to Gabe nervously, fiddling with the hem of my shirt. It was clear that Gabe was still mad at me and I wasn't sure that he wanted to talk, but I found myself walking over there anyway.

I sat down, silent a moment, before I turned to say something, startled to find him already looking at me.

My heart thumped loudly and rubbed my sweaty palms on my pants. I didn't know what to say. "Well," he asked.

"Sorry, um..." I swallowed thickly, "I'm sorry about the other day. I-I understand that you still might not want to talk to me, and I know that this is probably very uncomfortable to you. It's just... your brother was there, and I was thinking about things before you guys came to the school, but I tried to forget those things.

"I don't have a crush on your brother, "I said quickly, realizing how that sounded, "but, I was just nervous and in pain and I was confused. Then you came in and I got even more nervous because I didn't want you to see me all bloodied up, and I snapped. It was a mistake and it really shouldn't have happened.

"S-so... I'm sorry."

Gabriel just laughed. He freaking laughed at me. "What?"

"You just... you just... I don't even know."

It took him a minute to breathe, to calm down, and when he looked at me, face completely serious, I couldn't breathe. There was something about him that I liked, something that no other guy I looked at had, something that made me want to date him, but I didn't know what it was, and in that moment, I realized, I really did want to date him, perhaps even more than Jess.

"Look, Sam... I understand. Your brother explained to me what happened."

"What?"

Gabe just chuckled. "Not everything. He refused to say some things. He just told me that you freaked, that it was a mistake. So, I understand Sam, but I can't forgive you, not completely, not yet."

My thundering heart seemed to have stopped in that moment. "What can I do to make it up to you then?"

"Well for starters... please stop ignoring me. Lunch is so quiet because no one wants to talk to either of us. It would be great to be what we were before... actually more than that."

My face heated up for a second and my heart seemed to start beating again. "What do you mean?"

"Well, we were never really friends before this. I mean, we talked on occasion, but never anything more than that, so I just hope we can start from there."

"Of course. I wouldn't ask for anything more," I said, smiling largely.

I got up because Dean and Cas had been waiting on us to go for a while, but they didn't say anything because they also wanted us to talk. I strolled up to the lane and threw the ball down the lane, getting my first strike since the very first bowl, my mind finally clear again.