Chapter 37

I am so sorry that I didn't update a chapter last week. I was super busy with family stuff and school with JROTC and band and parades and homework because finals are coming up. Good news though... I half half days on all 3 final days and no school Friday next week, so I can update.
Sorry again though, I have made this chapter longer so I hope it can make up for my mistake. I just combined the two chapter ideas I had into one. Also I have to skip a bit in this story so that I can get this AU over with sooner. -Captain

Sam

I hate buses. They stink, are full of loud, stupid kids, and they are so cramped. We were headed to the corn maize. I thought the name rather ridiculous because maize is corn, but they thought it would be clever. 

Despite the name, I quite enjoyed corn mazes because the food was amazing, the activities were great, and I enjoyed beating everyone at the maze without using the map. It was quite fascinating really. 

Even though the games were all ridiculous, like finding the one duck in the entire pond with the green sticker on the bottom, which is nearly impossible, I quite enjoy them anyway.

"You okay Sam?"

I jumped, startled by Gabriel's voice suddenly by me. "Yeah. Sorry. Do you want to sit here?"

"What about Jess?" He frowned, confused.

"Jess is out with her family still. So, I have no one else to sit here because my brother and yours are quite enjoying themselves together. They make a cute couple, by the way."

"What about Charlie?"

"I don't really talk to her as much as you do, so there's no point there," I trailed off, realizing I was rambling.

"Yeah. Okay then. I'll sit next to you," he muttered, shoving me over so that he could sit next to me.

Cas was oohing at the both of us and I couldn't hold back my chuckle as Gabe flipped him off. Cas just stuck his tongue out in response which resulted in Dean bumping his shoulder, causing Cas to blush.

Gabe shook his head, a grin on his face, as he turned towards me.

"What are you so happy about?"

"Oh, nothing much. I'm just happy for Cas, you know. He gets to have something that I don't think I'm ever going to get."

"What do you mean?" He shook his head, not wanting to answer me, and I suddenly felt very protective of him. "No, Gabe. What do you mean? Maybe I can help."

"You can't," he muttered.

"How do you know?"

"Because it's a problem that I have to face and get over. That's all."

"Well, what is it?" 

He took a deep breath. "Well," he paused, trying to find the right words, " I like this... person, but they don't like me back."

"I bet they do," I replied, not believing for a second that they didn't. Gabe was such a great person. He just shook his head though.

"I know he doesn't. Besides... he has a girlfriend." 

I opened my mouth to reply, but paused. Who could he be talking about? He didn't know very many guys. I wracked my brain, trying to remember all the guys he knew by now. There was Cas, Dean, Crowley, and Adam. It obviously couldn't be Cas, because they are brothers, and it obviously couldn't be Dean because he was dating Cas. But that didn't mean it couldn't be one of the other guys.

"I know, weird right?" He pulled me out of my thoughts and I frowned.

"What?"

"That I like a guys. It's weird right," I went to protest, but he just continued talking. "Girls are just.... they're annoying. The complain about the stupidest things and they make no sense. 'Oh, it's okay sweetie, I don't want anything expensive for Christmas' and then later 'You didn't try, honey. You got me a $10 necklace instead of that $50 one that was so much better.' And of course they always hide things and, it's all just too much.