Chapter 48

Gabe

"I'm bored," Sam whined, mouth full of food which caused me to chuckle.

"Let's play Farkle," I suggested animatedly.

"Farkle?" he asked, unsure if he had heard me right.

"Yeah. Farkle."

"That sounds disgusting," he mutters.

I could feel him watching me as I dug through my backpack trying to find the game. It was impossible, there was too much stuff in here. Cas sighed, putting up his homework, shoving me aside so that he could find the game himself, pulling it out moments later, much to my shock, and Sam's amusement, because I just could not find it.

"How do you play?" Dean asked, cautiously.

"Come on! I'll show you," I nearly shouted, yanking the game out of Cas' hand and sitting on the floor, pulling a clipboard from under Sam's bed.

I realized my mistake afterwards because there was no way that I could have known that the clipboard was there because I had never been in his house in this timeline. I looked behind me nervously, catching the look of confusion on Sam's face. It was clear he hadn't known the clipboard was there, but soon the confusion turned to curiosity about the game.

Sam chuckled as I rolled the dice out of the cup onto the clipboard. His eyes were twinkling as I explained the instructions to the game.

Sam gingerly picked up the dice and rolled them. He got two fives, a one, and three twos."Great job, man. That is 400 points and you can roll again."

"How is that 400?"

"3 of any number is 100 times that number right? Well, you got three twos. A one is also 100 points and a five is worth 50. So you have 400."

Sam nodded and rolled again, this time not getting anything good, causing me to chuckle. "Sorry man, you just farkled."

"So do I get to keep my points from before?" I shook my head and he sighed before handing the dice over to Cas. Cas glanced at Dean with a smirk before rolling it.

He rolled 4 of a kind with a pair. "That's 1,500 and I get to roll again," he supplied at Dean's confused look when I stared, shocked at the roll. "And I get another 500, so 2,000. I'll take it," he said, chuckling as I glared at him, scribbling down the score.

Sam nodded, understanding how the game was played now as Dean did his turn. "How do you win?"

"The first person to 10,000 wins, kind of," I stuttered, unsure how to explain it.

"We take turns until one of us gets to, or above, 10,000 points. That person sets the bar for the other players. Now each player must keep going until they either farkle or beat the first players score. If nobody does, then the person who first got the score wins, if someone does, then they do. Whoever has the highest above 10,000 after the first person wins the game," Cas explained.

Everyone was silent as the dice were rolled, everyone focusing intently on the game to make sure that nobody cheated.

"I have 10,300," Cas said, watching as I farkled at 10,250. "It's your turn Sam."

Everyone watched in fascination as Sam, who was the furthest behind everyone, kept rolling, not able to stop until he had 10,350. "I won!" He stared wide-eyed at me when I told him. Cas clapped him on the shoulder, telling him that it was a good run.

"Wanna play again?" I asked, watching as Dean nodded enthusiastically. This game was lucky for me. When it looked like I would for sure fail, I pulled a good score out of my butt.

"Holy moly! 11,050! That's-" Sam trailed off, shaking his head. Nobody could possibly get to my score, and no one was able to.

We played another game, watching nervously as Sam and I were neck and neck the entire time, but Cas, who was a few hundred behind us, snuck up while we kept farkling, and managed to win.

"I really don't want to play another game, but this has to be a tie-breaker," I muttered, running a hand over my face.

"Yeah, come on. Let's go."

We set up another scoring section and I took the dice, throwing it onto the clipboard, not really wanting to play much anymore.

The entire game was played quickly, everyone ready to be done with it. We threw the dice, taking whatever was there and continuing.

The game lasted all of 10 minutes before Dean won. "I really don't want to play this for a fifth time. Let's just call it even. We all won one, good for us," I suggested, sighing in relief when everyone else nodded.

"What now?" Sam asked as I put the game back into my bag.

"Maybe we could watch some horror films," I suggested, watching as Cas shuddered.

"Popcorn and more pizza first right?" Dean asked and I couldn't help but laugh while nodding.

"Of course. Let's go make some popcorn," Sam said.

"Do you have any candy?"

"Yeah. What kind do you like?" We walked down the stairs and into the kitchen, where Dean started making some popcorn, Cas went and grabbed some more pizza for all of us, and Sam started looking through the cupboards for candy. "We have skittles, warheads, cherry sours, and butterscotch."

"Any of them will do," I said, blushing. Sam nodded, grabbing some candy.

"Can you get some water and sodas from the fridge please?" I nodded, opening the fridge and pulled out four cans of cream soda and set them on the counter before grabbing a few bottles of water.

Arms full of junk and food, the four of us headed back upstairs to look through the movies that Sam had in his room.

"I have, the Ring, the Exorcist, all of the Paranormal activity movies, a few of the Saw movies, Carrie, the Conjuring, Chucky, Annabelle, Poltergeist and-"Sam had to pause for a moment, shuddering- "IT."