Chapter 45

NOTE: You guys probably don't care, but I am shocked to find that I have been writing this story for 2 years. I'm in class writing it and it's a weird sense of De Ja Vu because my new math teacher was one I had 2 years ago, when I would sit there and write this in a notebook, thinking that he didn't know I wasn't doing math, but writing about these two idiots. It's such an odd experience, but I'm glad to know that I've had support over the past two years, enough to actually keep writing it as long as I have. I'm even considering a sequel. Anyways... I hope you guys enjoy the chapter. -Captain

Sam

 I was a little surprised when I learned that I was actually going to be in band this year. I've been wanting to try playing fro a little while now, and it was quite a shock to actually be put in the class. Learning that Gabe was going to be in the class with me was also a bonus.

While I was excited to play and be in the same class as Gabe, I was a little surprised, and hurt, when he brushed me off to get ready, obviously lying to me about why he seemed nervous to be here. There could have been some truth to the words, but I knew there was more to it than that, and it was upsetting because we told each other everything. Then he went off to talk to Charlie, which was beyond confusing because I forgot to introduce them, so they never met, but he seemed like he had known her forever.

Charlie pulled him into a hug, winking at me as I turned away, angry at myself for being a little jealous that he wanted to talk to her and not me.

"You okay man?" Dean asked, startling me enough that I almost dropped my saxophone.

"Y-Yeah," I said, turning away from the two.

"Are you sad that your boyfriend isn't hanging out with you?" he teased.

I groaned. "He's not my boyfriend Dean!"

Gabe startled back at my sudden outburst, causing Charlie to laugh hysterically.

"Sure. You've only talked about him since forever. But, whatever you say," he trailed off, smiling at Gabe with a small wave, before he stalked over to Cas.

I saw Gabe ask something to which Charlie replied, causing him to turn bright red. This, of course, caused Charlie to laugh harder. Gabe shook his head and stood up, coming to join me on the chairs.

"Hey. Sorry. I just needed to talk to her about something." I masked my confusion and just nodded. 

"What was that about?"

"What?"

"The whole blushing thing," I replied.

"Oh. Well, I asked Charlie what Dean meant by 'your boyfriend' and she told me that he was referring to me because we've been talking since kindergarten, and I..." he trailed off, turning red once again, just as I was, for a completely different reason though. "I'm not embarrassed. Honestly. It's just not what I was expecting because you've never," he trailed off again, the red vanishing from his face and a guarded look passing over his features.

"What?"

"Oh. You just never seemed gay to me, so it was just odd to hear it." I nodded in understanding, even though I knew he was keeping something back, even if he wasn't lying. He wasn't going to say that, but from his guarded look, I figure that trying to figure it out right now wouldn't do me any good.

"Yeah. Well, you never know with people. Maybe I'll just find the right guy one day," I mumbled, unsure why I just said that. 

He chuckled. "Yeah, maybe."

NOTE: Sorry for the short chapter. I'm just stuck right now, but the best way to power through a writer's block is to just write anyways. I also feel kind of bad for not writing, despite having all of spring break to do it. Sorry anyways. -Captain