Epilogue

He stepped up to the door, nervous, despite everything he'd been through. He adjusts his coat and takes a deep breath, brushing the hair out of his eyes.

With trepidation, Gabe presses the doorbell, waiting anxiously for the door to swing open, holding his breath as it did, only to let it out when he realized that it was Dean, not Sam, at the door.

"Have him back by midnight," he joked, trying to calm down the clearly agitated angel.

Gabe chuckles, thankful for the distraction, but the sound soon dies as he sees Sam step out from behind Dean, a shy smile gracing his lips.

"You look-" Gabe trailed off, trying to find a word to describe how amazing Sam looked, "dashing."

Sam blushes, head ducking, a grin splitting his features, eyes glittering with joy.

"You're not too bad yourself," he replied, grabbing Gabe's arm as they headed out into the town. "So, where are you taking me?" Sam asks, curious.

"Minerva's."

Sam stops, gaping at him. "Are you," he trails off, unable to finish his sentence.

He's always wanted to go to Minerva's, but he never had the time, running around hunting demons all the time.

Gabe opens the door for him, ignoring the odd looks people are giving them as they take their seats.

"I'll have the Beef Stroganoff," Sam tells the waiter.

"Cajun Chicken Linguine," Gabe answers, handing the waiter their menus.

"So, how many timelines did you go through?" Sam asks.

Gabe shrugs. "I lost count. I'm just happy we made it out, eventually."

Their dinner was delicious and, although it was a bit stuffy, the two enjoyed themselves immensely.

Gabe paid and led Sam out, the two of them just taking a walk on the town, hand in hand, talking about everything, and nothing at all.

Gabe sighed, glad that he had a soulmate.

Originally he hated it. It was a curse. Having a soulmate labeled him different than all of the other angels, but now he couldn't care less.