Chapter 5

NOTE: Just letting you guys know that I do have a plot line for this story but not every chapter. I don't know how long it'll be or when I'll be able to post. I have two more days of finals before summer so I'll try and post as often as possible. Sorry that I don't have a schedule. I also apologize if one of the chapters sucks because I come up with each chapter on the spot as long as it fits the story. I apologize again. Love you all and thank you for reading.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Gabriel's POV)

It was still dark out when I woke up. I was confused as to why I was asleep in the first place until I remembered that I used a lot of my power on Sam, trying to wake him up. I made to stretch but felt something on my arm. I looked down to find Sam's head on my arm and I chuckled lightly. It was quite adorable. Then Sam began shaking and tears leaked out of his eyes. "No... Gabe!" he cried. I was confused. Why was he crying? What was going on? Why was my name involved?

I started shaking Sam to wake him up. Finally his eyes snapped open and his breathing calmed and so did my heart. "What's wrong? Are you okay? What happened?" I asked. There were a million questions flowing through my head but I tried to focus on just the few that I asked. He looked up at me sadly and my heart ached. Seriously... what was going on? Why did I feel so hurt at the possibility he wasn't okay.

His frown dropped and he smiled. I could tell it wasn't real though. I could feel his fear and despair as it rolled off of him in waves. I almost started crying due to all the feelings I was receiving from him. I choked back a sob and nodded, dropping the subject even though I didn't want to in the slightest. Tears were pooled in his eyes as he smiled and I finally decided I needed to get up before I did something I regretted. Why was I feeling like this so often around him? I've been around so many people and yet no matter how much I loved a person... this felt different.

I moved to get up but Sam grabbed my wrist. I turned to him slowly, steeling myself for what he had to say. His eyes full of tears, he asked, "P-please stay. Until I fall asleep at least." I didn't have the heart to tell him no and nodded as I crawled back under the covers. "Thank you." he whispered before falling asleep again. I just hoped this dream wasn't as bad as his other one. His hair fell across his face, framing it, a small smile played on his lips.

He shivered before moving around until he got comfortable. His head ended up on my chest and my heart began beating fast. I found it odd that I actually had a heart... maybe I always had one in a vessel but never noticed because it never made it's presence known like it had the moment I saw Sam. What was wrong with me? I smiled as Sam mumbled some things that didn't make any sense. I tried to fight the urge to run my fingers through his hair but failed in the end.

His brown locks were so soft and I couldn't help the small smile on my face as I saw how peaceful he was. Thank dad that he was sleeping fine. The sun was just peaking over the mountains in the distance. I groaned because that means we would all have to get up and do something in a few hours and I honestly didn't want to move. "I know you sent me down here so that I can stop him from starting the apocalypse but I doubt that's the only reason. Does it have something to do with these feelings I'm having?" I asked quietly praying to my father.

When nothing happened I sighed and closed my eyes, trying to relax, despite the way my heart pounded and every breath Sam took made my stomach twist in knots. Sam's hand moved up and my stomach twisted into more knots. My heart began beating faster and I cursed myself because Sam no doubt heard the increased speed. Sam suddenly sat up, startling me. "I'm sorry." he apologized quickly.

"It's fine. You just... scared me." I replied and took a deep breath and prepared myself to hear whatever Sam had to say about my heartbeat. What he said however... wasn't what I expected. "You have a heartbeat... why?" he asked and I released a breath I hadn't realized I was holding. I was so relieved I could start laughing. I don't know what I would say if he asked about the speed. I visibly relaxed and told him that it was just the human vessel.

Sam nodded and got up to make some breakfast and coffee. I wished that I was able to enjoy food the way people did. I could still enjoy them but it wasn't as great as a human. The only thing that I could taste the same as them was the candy and that's why I had a major sweet tooth. I sat at the breakfast table and waited for him as he finished making breakfast for himself and Dean. He placed Dean's in the microwave to keep it warm.

Then he sat across from me and we sat in an awkward silence for a while before he asked me if I could pass the salt. It took me a minute to realize that he was actually talking to me and I reached for it. Our hands brushed as we reached for it and he looked shocked before he pulled his hand away. I tried to ignore the pain that I felt at that and tried to make my face as emotionless as possible so as not to show the pain. I didn't even know why it hurt me so much.

Sam sat silently, staring at his lap with his hand in it as well. "Sam?" I asked. He didn't respond and I asked again. When he didn't respond a second time, I got up and grabbed his shoulder causing him to jump. "Sorry. You just weren't responding."

"It's okay."

"Are you? Okay I mean." I asked. He took a minute to think before nodding and I knew he wasn't. He noticed I knew too and I waited as he opened and closed his mouth a few times, trying to figure out what to say.

"No... I'm not and you know that too but I can't tell you why." he said and I let go of his shoulder, backing up, not even trying to hide the pain on my face.

"Gabriel are you okay?" he asked. I shook my head and he got up, heading over to me worriedly. "What's wrong?" he asked. Tears pooled in my eyes and I didn't understand why such small words hurt me so much. I kept walking backwards until I hit the bed. Sam sat down next to me, reaching out to touch me but dropped his hand. I couldn't breathe and I quickly got up, running towards the door. "Gabriel!" he yelled.

I wheeled around and slowly sank to the floor. What the hell was happening? Sam grabbed my shoulders and hugged me tight. I gasped until I was able to breathe and the tears stopped falling. "What the hell was that?" he asked.

"I think it had something to do with the fact that you asked me to stay with you but still refuse to talk to me about what you saw. I heard my name Sam. What the hell were you dreaming about? I think I deserve that at least."

"I can't tell you that."

"And I want to know... I deserve it... I'm here to help you but I can't do that without knowing what the hell is going on." I yelled. Dean sat up and saw Sam and I glaring at one another before deciding to go back to sleep.

"And why do you need to know so badly?"

"Maybe I care!" I yelled. I immediately blushed because I finally realized that all the pain I felt in heaven. All the feelings I've had in the past few hours, I found my soulmate and I was just now realizing it.

"You care... really? Then why did you show up just now?" He yelled.

"Because I couldn't come until now."

"So how could you care if you couldn't be here until now?" He asked loudly.

"Because at last I finally found my soulmate!" I yelled. Sam froze and Dean started laughing.

"Finally you realized." Dean laughed.

Sam moved towards me and cried into my shoulder. I stood frozen since I was confused but finally hugged him back.