Chapter 47

Sam

"You sure you'll be allowed to stay the night?" I asked for the upteenth time.

"Yes. Anna really isn't going to care that we're over here, so long as we call and tell her, which we already did. As long as your parents say it's okay, then it's okay," Gabe replied, huffing quietly.

"Yeah. My mom is excited that I have new friends and my dad really doesn't care," I replied, smiling widely. "What should we do?"

"Well, I brought a game," Cas says sheepishly. "But I want to catch up on math first. You know, since Georgia was behind. You guys play a video game or something while we do that."

I nodded, thinking through all the video games that I owned as I lead them into the house. I introduced Gabe and Cas to my mom and asked when Pizza would be here.

"I'll order it in an hour or so. Is there anything you boys want?" Gabe and Cas shook their heads.

"I'll eat just about anything Ma'am!" Gabriel exclaimed, a twinkle in his eyes as he thought about food. 

Mary chuckled, nodding her understanding. "Alrighty then. You boys head on upstairs. I'll call you down when it's here."

I still didn't have any clue what video game we should play when I got up to the room. There was a gasp to my left and I realized that Gabriel was looking through my games, as though he had been here before and knew exactly where they were.

"Cuphead? We should play Cuphead!" He looked so excited, I couldn't possibly tell him no. 

I watched as he bounded towards the game system, animatedly looking for the controllers. Then he skipped over to the bed where I was sitting and handed me the blue controller. "How do you know that I want blue and not red?"

His smile fell for a second, but before I could say anything he chuckled and nudged my shoulder. "You told me in one of your letters that your favorite color was blue." I nodded. I probably had told him that, but if so, what was with the reaction then? Maybe I was just seeing things.

The game started and he immediately got excited, trying to get the game going, ignoring all of the back story. "Hey, what about the story? Do you know what happens?"

"Yeah." 

I shrugged, not really caring either way. I already knew, having watched Charlie play it with Jessica a few months ago.

The game was crazy, and a lot harder to play than Charlie made it look. There were colors everywhere and the bad guys were all sorts of things, from constellation changing zodiac signs to flowers and clown carousels.

There was no way a person could ever get bored of this game.

My mom called us down for pizza, and I just grabbed a box, rushing back upstairs and realizing that I no longer wanted to play it though. I wanted to do something that would involve everyone, that wasn't math.

Notes:

I am so sorry that it took me so long to update and that it's soooo short. I've had the idea for this sleepover for a while, I just haven't known how to write it and with finals coming up, I don't really have time to write it, but I'm trying, I promise. The next chapters should be longer, but no promises, and I hope to have them out soon. Again, so sorry for the wait and the short chapter.- Captain