chapter 17

NOTE: Hey guys. I know it's been a while since I wrote. I apologize for that. I want to thank whoever is still reading this story... it's gotten a lot further than I ever thought it would. Also I want to apologize if this chapter sucks. I started writing in 3rd person pov and I'm not used to writing in first person again. I'm just too lazy to go through the whole story and change it to 3rd person. I also want to finish it in the pov that I started it in. So I apologize if it isn't good.

Sam

Sunlight filtered through the window, setting the whole room in an orange glow. I rolled over, not wanting to see the way the room lit up. If I did that, then that meant that I had to get up and get ready for school. 

As much as I like school, I didn't want to go yet. It was too early in the morning for this. 

There was a pounding on my door and I groaned as Dean opened it, a large smile on his face. "Come on Sammy! School starts today." he said enthusiastically.

I frowned at him. Dean HATED school. "Ummm... Dean... why are you so enthusiastic about school? I thought you hated it."

"I do... but today marks the day of my senior year. I am so prepared to finish the school year and move on with my life. Plus... football dude. I love it." 

I rolled my eyes as I crawled out of bed. I guess he did have a valid reason for wanting to go back to school. Not to mention he would see his girlfriend, Lisa, again. She had been on vacation in Hawaii for all of summer and Dean was excited to finally be seeing her again. They had been dating for over five years now.

After taking a quick shower and pulling on my clothes, I made my way downstairs, the smell of bacon wafting through the air. My stomach growled and I chuckled as I walked into the kitchen, smiling as my mom stood in front of the stove, humming a song.

"Whatcha humming?" my dad asked as he walked in, hugging her from behind. 

"Carry on my wayward son by Kansas." she said, kissing him on the cheek before scooting around him to place our plates in front of us. I licked my lips, thanking my  mom, before digging in, eating like a starving person. Dean chuckled as he grabbed toast.

"Come on Sammy. We need to go." he said excitedly, grabbing my arm and rushing me out the door. I chuckled as I followed him out to his new car. He loved my dad's Impala and had wanted one ever since he was ten, so finally, for his last birthday, our parents decided to get him a new Impala.

I slid into the passenger seat, wincing when the music blasted from the speakers when he turned the car on. "Really... Metallica?" I asked. 

"Do you have a problem with that?" he asked, pulling out of the driveway as I searched through his cassette tapes to find a different band.

"Dude you need new music?"

"Why?"

"Well for one, they are cassette tapes. Also,Black Sabbath, Motorhead, Metallica? These are the greatest hits of the mullet rock?"

"Whatever." Dean huffed as he pulled up in the parking lot of the school. I sighed as I put the box of cassette tapes up and stepped out of the car. 

Students milled about, waiting for the bell to ring, signaling first hour. Dean and I pushed our ways through the crowd and into the gym, where we would be getting our new schedules for the semester. I immediately spotted Jess and headed over , not wanting to stand in line forever.

"Sam!" she said excitedly hugging me. She made it seem like we hadn't seen each other since school got out last semester, when in reality it was just the other day.

I picked her up, swinging her around before kissing her cheek as I set her back down. "Next!" the counselor yelled and we stepped up to the tables, announcing our last names so that we could get our schedules.

"Alright! I got Choir and Drama again. Woo hoo." Jess hollered as we walked away from the gym, but I couldn't stop staring at my schedule, a frown on my face.

I was supposed to be in STEM. I specifically remember putting stem and choir down on my schedule. I love Jessica, that's why I have choir but I couldn't pick two electives with her... I had to do something I wanted too. I put down STEM. I know I did.

"Sam... sweetie, are you okay?" Jess asked nervously.

"I'm just... I need to go talk to the principal... I think he may have mixed up my schedule." I said, giving her a quick kiss on the cheek before going to the principal's office.

I knocked gently on the door, waiting for him to tell me to come in and stepped inside nervously when he did.

"Oh. Hello Sam! It's nice to see you again. Is there anything I can help you with?" he asked cheerily.

"Uh... Yes sir..."

"Please, call me Chuck."

"Okay... well you see... Chuck... I just got my schedule and it seems that I am not in STEM this semester, and I was wondering if perhaps, the schedules had gotten mixed up or something."

"Oh... Please... take a seat." I nervously sat down, waiting for what he had to say. "Well, you see Sam... I don't know how to tell you this... I'm just gonna go right out and say it. You were supposed to be in STEM, but we just got a bunch of new freshman and some of them have such a high level of skill and we wanted them for the STEM team."

"But... couldn't you have taken someone else out of the program... I mean... this is what I like to do... please switch me over there."

"There is nothing I can do at the moment Sam. You are going to have to stay in Drama until at least the end of the month, where most students are settled in. Then we'll see what we can do."

"Thanks." I huffed as I left the office, slamming the door shut behind me. This is ridiculous. I have been in STEM class since the 5th grade and suddenly I can't be in it this year because of some Freshman... Ugh it wasn't fair.

I slumped into my seat at my table, next to Jess and Lisa. Dean and Lisa were talking up a storm. They had been together for a few years now but they didn't get to talk over summer because Lisa and her family went to Hawaii for a vacation. Then there was Charlie. She was a phenomenal actor and loved anything geeky... literally anything.

"Hey... What's up?" she asked.

"Well, I just went to talk to the principal about getting my schedule fixed because he had put me in Drama instead of STEM, but he said that I wouldn't be able to change out until the end of the month." I replied.

"I'm so sorry baby, that sucks." Jess said, rubbing my shoulder lightly. I shrugged in defeat and slumped down in my seat a bit. "But hey look on the bright side... we'll at least be together." she said hopefully. I nodded, a fake smile on my face as I stared at the school doors, wishing desperately that I was back in my bed at home, sleeping.

The front doors swung right open, and I will admit, I was a little startled by the sudden noise. A group of people walked in. At the front of the group was Anna. We all knew Anna, but none of us recognized anybody behind her.

We all knew she had siblings but she had moved from Kentucky, while they had all stayed there. I looked over to Dean and smiled slightly when I noticed his mouth was hanging open in shock. He was staring at a boy with a tan trench coat, a blue tie, and the cutest smile ever.

I chuckled, scanning my eyes over the rest of the gang. There was a blond haired kid with a mischievous grin and his brother who also had a mischievous smile, and one other kid in the very back. He was short, with golden hair and was almost impossible to notice if you hadn't been looking for him.

Jess was talking to me but I hadn't heard a word she said, I was too captured by how cute the youngest kid was, as he followed Anna and the others to the table.

"Hey Anna. Who are these people?" Charlie asked.

"These are my brothers Castiel, though everyone calls him cas, Balthazaar, Lucifer, though he is usually called luci or luc, and..."

"And I'm Gabriel." the youngest kid said with a small wave and a shy smile. Well shit... I'm screwed.