Chapter 12

NOTE: Hey guys. So I realized that I don't update often anymore and I apologize for that. I have been busy with school and problems at home. Also I have been finding myself interested in other fandom and have 10 stories I'm writing right now. I decided to focus on two. One that I jave published and one I haven't yet. So this is the story that I'm focusing on at the moment. I'm sorry if you wpuld prefer to read other a but I promise that as soon as im done with this one I will either start another part if I chose to 9r continue another. I apologize again. Thank you so much. -Captain.

Sam

"Jess... I-I, uh..."

"Sam... I understand why you left.  It's okay now. I'm back." She moved over to my couch and grabbed my hands. My eyes flicked up to hers. So many thoughts flew through head.  "I forgive you." She said quietly.

I pulled my hands away from her and got up. I began pacing behind the couch, running a hand over my face. Everyone watched in silence. "Sam?" Jess asked slightly hurt.

I didn't answer because I was too shocked. After all this time. I tried moving on for months after and I couldn't move on until we killed the yellow eyed demon but... she is back and here and...

And I didn't know what to think . 

Images flashed through my head. I was shopping for a wedding ring to propose to her. I was so happy whenever I was with her and she made me believe I could do anything. Then I remembered the burning hole left in my heart after her death and how, even though I had just met him, Gabriel patched up that hole. I didn't think about her when I was with him. 

Image after image of the both of them flashed through my head. I was so confused. I loved them both so much... the thought of losing either one of them hurt too much. 

Suddenly I couldn't breathe. I gasped for air as my vision swam and I sank to the floor quickly. A cold hand gripped my heart as fear coursed through my veins. "SAM?!" someone yelled, but I couldn't tell who it was. I leaned against the wall, staring at the ceiling, breathless.

The thought of losing either of them had terrified me. There was no such thing as time. Minutes could have gone by, maybe even hours, but there was no such thing as time when fear was the only thing clouding my vision.

I couldn't see nor could I breathe. Thoughts of both of them gone making the fear gripping my heart squeeze tighter. My blood ran cold when I thought about choosing one or the other, of choosing between my human first love or my angel soulmate.

Something warm wrapped around me and someone was whispering softly in my ear. I started to calm down a bit and I realized that I had been shaking. I gulped back tears as my vision cleared and the icy hand gripping my heart had released its deathly hold. 

I turned my head to find a pair of worried eyes staring back at me. I smiled softly thanking him as he helped me stand up.

"Are you okay?" he asked. I shook my head quickly and something flashed across his face but it dissappeared too quick for me to catch sight of what it was. 

"Sam... who is this?" Jess asked quietly. Gabe's hand immediately dropped from my own. He turned around a huge smile plastered on his face.

"Hi... I'm Gabriel." he said sticking his hand out. Jess gently shook it. 

"Jessica."

"I should um... get going..." Gabe said quietly. Fear suddenly gripped my heart and I grabbed his shoulder, almost begging him to stay.

"Please..." I whispered quietly and Gabe looked at me for a second, that emotion flitting across his face again. This time, however, I was able to understand what it was. Sadness.

Then his expression hardened as he glanced back at Jessica before looking at me once more. "No. I should really go. You two have a lot to catch up on." he said smiling a huge, fake smile. "It was nice meeting you Jessica." Then he turned and left, leaving me standing there stunned. 

I watched him leave, my vision swimming and my head pounding as the door slammed shut behind him. A picture frame fell off the wall causing the others in the room to jump, but not me. I was frozen to the spot, staring at where my soulmate had just left.

My chest began to hurt and my eyes stang as they began to water as I thought about never seeing him again. Maybe I just lost him. I shook my head and pushed the thoughts as far away from me as I possibly could, that way I could actually talk to Jess.

At least, even if I never see him again, I'd still have Jess. Besides... he was an angel. That thought hit me like a brick. I've always known but it never really hit me how serious the situation was until just now... until I was about to lose him. He was a freaking angel. How was I supposed to make him happy. I didn't deserve him... he didn't deserve someone so low as me. I could never make him as happy as he should always be.

I sighed, finally deciding that I didn't really have a choice... at least this way Jessica would be happy and that was worth much more to me than my own feelings... even if I couldn't quite figure them out at the moment.