Chapter 26

Sam

About an hour and a half later, I found myself outside the bowling alley with Dean. It was starting to get dark already and I could see my breath a little.

"Why are we sitting outside?" I asked again.

"We don't have reservations until 6:00." he replied quickly.

"Okay... so why don't we wait inside?" I asked. Just because we were here early, did not mean that we had to wait outside until then.

Dean opened his mouth to answer, but closed it and got up as another car pulled into the parking lot. Figures he would invite someone else to come with us and not tell me. Maybe it's Adam, he wasn't too bad so I wouldn't mind hanging out with him.

I stared down at the concrete, scuffing my shoe against it as I waited for Adam to stop by us, but I heard two pairs of feet. My head shot up and my eyes fell upon Gabe first.

I internally groaned, turning to glare at Dean who just shrugged, pushing me inside the alley as if he was in a rush to get started. I tried to hold back a laugh as I watch Gabe angrily shovel past Cas, darting into the alley behind Dean.

"Why..."

"Dean's idea." Cas said quickly, following behind the other two.

I sighed, knowing that it was useless either way. I was going to have to deal with it since Dean was my ride home.

After getting our shoe sizes and alley accounted for, we started grabbing balls for ourselves as Dean lined up the order. Apparently we were going to do teams. Dean and I against Cas and Gabe. I shrugged, not minding who I really got paired up with, bowling was still fun anyway.

"I hear that you and Dean go bowling often?" Cas inquired as I tied up my shoes.

"I guess. I mean we used to go a lot more, but Dean stopped wanting to go because I was better than him." I said, smiling largely as Dean elbowed me in the chest.

"Oh really, Sammy... let's see you up first then." Dean suggested.

I glared at him because we both knew that I had to bowl a few times before I got back into the swing of things, but he just wanted to embarrass me in front of Cas.

"Whatever." I mumbled, grabbing the ball.

I didn't even care as I threw it down the lane, smiling gleefully when I heard all the pins go down. Dean was staring at me, eyes wide, mouth open.

"Who said that I had to do a warm up bowl every time." I mumbled.

"Wait... could you always do that?"

"Yeah. I just always beat you guys, so I pretended to need a warm up so it wouldn't be too far ahead of you." I mumbled.

Cas shrugged, watching as Gabe slumped in his seat like a child throwing a fit. "I suppose I am going first."

Gabe just waved his hand in a 'go ahead' motion and Cas sighed. They were supposed to be there to have fun and get Gabe and I to get along, I was able to figure out at least that much, but Gabe just seemed dead set on pouting.

I watched as Cas walked up to the lane, 10 pound bowling ball in his hand. He was taking a long time and I couldn't help thinking that he was overthinking it too much, but then he rolled the ball down the lane, striking a perfect bowler's pose and paused, watching as it knocked down all the pins.

Dean was just staring at him wide eyed. "How did you..."

"I've been playing for years." Cas mumbled, blushing slightly and I couldn't help but chuckle. He totally liked Dean.