Chapter 51

Sam

The four of us sat in the chairs out front, waiting for the tour guide to arrive.

She rushed in quickly, hair askew, breathing heavily. "Hi. Sorry, I'm late. I had to let my wife know that we had another group tonight. I hope you didn't have to wait too long," she rushed out.

"It's alright. Sorry to inconvenience you. We can come back another time if you need," Cas suggested, but the woman shook her head furiously.

"No. It's quite alright. I appreciate the offer, though. Come on in," she gestured us towards the large double doors.

"Hello," a kind brunette woman said cheerily as we stepped inside. "I'm glad that you decided to come tour here. I'm Julie and your lovely tour guide is my wife Tamara."

"Hello," Cas said, waving at them with a large smile.

"I'm sorry in advance if the comments aren't fantastic. I haven't actually guided a tour in years. All of our tour guides have gone home already."

"You aren't a tour guide?" I asked, surprised.

"No. Not anymore. I used to be a tour guide when I first started working here, but I haven't since I married Julie," Tamara said as she started walking towards another set of double doors, her long brown hair swaying against her back.

"Do you two own the place?" Gabriel asked and Tamara giggled, a high, bell-like sound.

"We do now. Yes." Tamara pushed open the doors, holding it open for us to walk through.

"Thank you," I whispered as I stepped through, Tamara humming in acknowledgement.

"Anyway. Enough about me. Let's get on with the tour, shall we?" Tamara smiled, teeth glittering in the light as she led us towards a conveyor belt that was stopped so that they could press in all of the crust. "Everything here is done by hand. We just have the belt here to make the transportation quicker."

"That's really cool," Dean muttered, watching in awe as she pressed the crust of a pie into a pan before sending it off to be crisped slightly.

"I think so too. Lawrence isn't the largest town, so we don't have many people coming in here to get pies often."

"People come here to buy pies too?" Dean asked, eyes sparkling and I couldn't help but laugh, shaking my head.

"Of course that would make you excited," I muttered under my breath, but Dean still heard me, punching my arm slightly. "Hey!"

"That's what you get," he shouted causing Tamara to laugh.

"So, where are you guys from?" she asked, trying to spark up a conversation as she lead us towards the next station.

"Well Sam and I were born and raised here," Dean replied.

"Oh! Really? That must have been nice, staying in one place your whole lives."

"I guess. I sometimes wonder what it would be like to travel more, but I don't mind it here too much."

"That's nice. What about you two?" Tamara asked, glancing at Gabriel.

"Well Cas and I are from Georgia. We just moved here a few days ago actually."

"That's amazing. How do you like it so far?" she asked.

"It's pretty nice. I like it. I kinda miss my old home, but this is still a really nice place," Gabriel said to which Cas promptly agreed.

"What brings you here?" Tamara asked.

"Well, Dean and I are on a date," Cas supplied.

"That's sweet. What about you, honey? Do you have anyone yet?" she asked Gabriel.

Gabriel paused, breathing picking up slightly, eyes glassed over. "Gabe! Are you alright?" I asked, rushing over to him, shocked.

"I- I... uh..." Gabriel spluttered.

Dean pushed me out of the way. "Hey!"

Dean ignored me, leaning down to be eye level with him, whispering "Hey, Gabe. It's okay. You're here. This is different. Nothing's happened. Breathe."

I frowned at the two of them, upset that Dean was able to calm him down when I couldn't. What did he know that I didn't.

I turned to ask Cas, but he looked just as stumped as I did and I frowned further. What the heck was going on between the two of them.

"I'm sorry. Just freaked out for a second," Gabriel muttered, stepping forward, trying to calm Tamara's nerves. She looked really uncomfortable. "Seriously. It's fine. No. I don't have any one yet. I don't think I will either."

"Would you freak out if I asked why?" she asked, nervously after she explained the flavor tubes, asking if we wanted to try them out.

"No," Gabriel chuckled. "I-" he paused, trying to figure out what to say. "I had a crush on someone in Georgia and it didn't turn out well. I always got my hopes up, but it never worked out. He always chose a girl over me."

"Well, this isn't Georgia," I pointed out causing Gabe to chuckle and my stomach fluttered at the sound.

I don't know when I think I started falling for Gabriel, since I've only known him for a few days and haven't really let myself like anyone since Jess started dating Charlie, but I did.

"You're right. This isn't Georgia. Things might be different this time," he muttered, blushing slightly. "I can tell because in Georgia," he started. "I couldn't do this!"

Gabriel poured out some of the cherry filling and slung it at my face. I shrieked and tried to dodge it, but I managed to get it throughout my hair.

"Oh! You're gonna get it!" I shouted, charging forward, apple pie filling in my hand and I smashed it in his face, causing him to gasp.

He groaned when I pushed another dollop into his face and licked the filling off of his lips, sucking it off of his fingers.

I looked away, shifting uncomfortably as a blush rose to my cheeks.

Why did he have to do that? I just realized how much I liked him and he had to go and- and shove it in my face.

"Sorry we made a mess," I apologized quickly when I realized the mess we made.

Tamara just shook her head, smiling. "It's alright. I remember when Julie and I were like that," she said causing me to blush further as Dean and Cas started cackling in the background.

Gabriel froze, flushing in embarrassment. "Yeah, but we could never-" he started and Dean just cackled louder.

My heart sank and I turned towards Tamara who still had a small smile on her face even though I couldn't understand how she could be smiling when I just learned that I never had a chance with Gabriel.

"We'll help you clean and close the place up before we go, as a thanks for dealing with us and letting us come in a little late," I suggested.

Tamara's smile turned relieved. "Oh, thank you so much."

I just nodded, grabbing the mop and bucket, head down and shoulders slumped as I turned, trying to hide my face from everyone else.