Chapter 25

NOTE: Hey guys... I am just now realizing that it may be a bit confusing that I suddenly changed the story halfway through. There is a reason behind it and if you know please continue on to the story, but I did this because right now in the canon universe Jess was dead and came back. So it's a little more complicated for him to decide whether he likes Jess or Gabe because his emotions are off kilter by her sudden return. So God swept them away into an alternate universe so that his emotions are still the same, not skewed by anything and he can figure it out himself. I am sorry if that confused any of you. Also, sorry about not writing... I have school again and usually I still have time, but at the moment my Pre-Calc class is kicking my butt so I am spending a lot of time on that, so I apologize. I will try and publish as much as I can, but it will most likely be on the weekends. Thanks.-Captain

Dean

The entire school day passed in a blur of colors and awkwardness. I don't remember most of it, lunch aside because that's when I came up with my master plan to get Gabe and Sam talking again. It also benefited me because I got to opt out of the shopping trip with Lisa and spend more time with Cas.

It was at lunch, when everything was silent, that I thought up the idea.

Sam and Gabe sat at opposite ends of the table, both of them staring at their lunches, neither of them saying a word. Jess didn't speak a word either, both out of worry for Sam and because she only ever talked if he was a part of the conversation, which he wasn't at the moment.

Lisa, being really smart, had done what I had yesterday. She looked between Sam and Gabe, eyes narrowed as she thought about what could make them so silent with one another. They got along so well two days ago and it was obvious that the rift between them was causing trouble with everyone.

So, lunch was tense an quiet, at our table at least. The rest of the school was going about their business, oblivious to the storms brewing, just as they normally would.

I just sat there, staring at the wall behind Gabe, trying to come up with a way to get them to talk to each other, and then it clicked. Sam loved to bowl, and if I remember correctly, Anna used to tell us about their family bowling trips as well, which meant that Gabe did as well.

I couldn't ask him to go though, because I knew that he would decline the invitation. So, I would just have to ask Cas to do it.

The bell rang for lunch to end, and we packed up quickly, Sam already gone in his eagerness to get out of the tense silence.

I shouldered my pack and rushed over to Cas. "Hey."

"Hey."

"Today is Wednesday, right?" I asked, suddenly nervous about asking him to do this for me.

"Yeah. Why?"

"Sam and Gabe don't have practice right?"

"No." Cas frowned.

"I was thinking... maybe... uh, that we... you know, the four of us, could go bowling today around 6:00ish?" I asked, hand tight on the strap of my bag.

"I would love to, but you know that Gabriel won't come if you guys are going to be there as well."

"Then don't tell him."

"I don't know Dean. He's already mad at me enough as is. I don't want to make it worse." Cas replied nervously.

"Well, if it goes terribly, blame it on me." I supplied. Cas chewed his lip nervously and I tried to look anywhere but there as he did so. "Please... I can't stand the silence anymore. Lunch has gone quiet, Sam won't talk to me at home and will hardly speak at dinner. They need this... we all do."