Chapter 56

Sam

My leg bounced under the table as wriggled in the seat, checking the time.

God, I still have 20 minutes left of class.

I tried to focus on my classwork, but it wasn't working.

"Mrs. MacLeod?" I called.

"Yes," she leered, placing down her book, glaring at me from over her computer.

"May I please go to the bathroom?"

"No," she answered curtly.

"It's an emergency," I pleaded.

"No."

"But —"

"I said 'no'," she repeated harshly.

I nodded, sighing as I tried, once again, to focus on my classwork. The words swam in front of me and I began to sweat. I wriggled again, uncomfortable, stomach roiling.

I placed my pencil down. It was no use. I didn't feel well at all and I could only focus on the bile roiling in my stomach, crawling up my throat.

I glanced towards the door, debating whether it was worth leaving class or not. I would get into so much trouble, but I needed to go.

I opened my mouth to ask again, but she was already glaring at me, shaking her head, as if sensing that I was about to ask her again.

I hung my head, glancing at the door again, from the corner of my eye. I shook my head, trying to do my classwork.

My stomach lurched and I closed my eyes, breathing deeply, trying to keep it down, but I couldn't ignore the bile rising in my throat.

I jumped up, dashing for the door, ignoring Mrs. MacLeod's angry shouts.

"Samuel Winchester! You get back her right now!"

I barely made it to the toilet before I was heaving up my breakfast, panting as another onslaught approached.

"Hey, Sam," Adam called. I grunted in response. "Mrs. MacLeod wanted me to check on you."

"Leave me alone," I groaned, lurching forward, gagging.

"I'll let her know that you're feeling sick and I'll bring your stuff to the nurse's."

"Thanks," I muttered, greatly appreciating him.

Adam didn't say anything as he left.

I rested my head on my arm, sweat trickling down my neck.

"God, I hate being sick."

When I felt well enough, I stumbled to the nurse's office and waited for Chuck to come pick me up.

~~~

I scrolled through Netflix, sighing as I searched for a good movie, or show, to watch. Netflix had recently gotten better content, but I wasn't really in the mood for any of them.

I clicked on some random Netflix Original Cartoon. It was fairly interesting, and any other time I would enjoy watching it, but I couldn't really focus. One episode, one at a carnival, caught my attention and an inkling of a memory scratched at the back of my mind.

The night was chilly, a gentle breeze blowing, but it was enough to make me shiver. Gabe and I stood in line for funnel cake. He was so adorable in his over-sized coat and scarf wrapped around his neck. He was practically swallowed up by all those layers.