Chapter 6

(Gabriel's POV)

I gasped as I sat up, startling Sam awake. "Woah, there are you okay?" Sam asked.

"I'm fine." I muttered. That was a dream? Everything about that was a dream? What the hell? Wait... why the hell was I asleep in the first place? "Uh... why was I sleeping? And no offense, but why with you?"

"You were alseep because you wasted to much of your power trying to wake me up and ended up passing out in my bed. Then you started freezing even under all the blankets so I slid in next to you to warm you up." he replied. It was then that I noticed his arms were wrapped around me. He turned bright red as he looked away and I'm pretty sure I did as well.

Coughing awkwardly, I wriggled out of his arms and slid out of the bed. "Do you want something to drink?" I asked quitely, finding that I needed to busy myself with doing something so that I wouldn't think.

"Can you start making coffee while I start making breakfast?" he asked and I nodded. Crawling out of bed, he made his way over to the stove and began cooking. "I know your an angel but do you want some?" he asked. I shrugged and he nodded as he started cracking the eggs.

Why did I dream about that? It was so... vivid. It was as if that actually happened. What did it mean? It was a little enjoyable though. I mean... being Sam's soulmate wouldn't be such a bad thing.

"Done." Sam said sliding the plates onto the table and snapping me out of my thoughts. I grabbed the cups of coffee and handed one to him. We sat in an awkward silence for a moment before I decided to speak up.

"I have a question. It might be a little... personal though." I said.

"I've dealt with uncomfotable and personal. Shoot."

"Have you ever met your soulmate?" I asked. He stared at me confused for a moment. I tried not to let anything show on my face. Sam sat back, eyeing me for a moment longer.

"Why?"

"I just wanted to know. I'm curious about humans and you happen to be one." I said. It wasn't a complete lie but there was a little more to the question then just that.

"No. I haven't. You're supposed to feel a little bit of your soulmates pain but I don't know how much I believe that because neither of us..." he said gesturing to his brother and then to himself. "... have felt pain. So either we don't have one or they died a long time ago."

"Well it is true. You do feel some of the pain your soulmate is going through. It's not always the best thing and sometimes it makes you wonder who they are and what kind of life they live because it hurts so freakin much. If it hurts so bad and is only a small portion of what the other is feeling then how could they be alive?" I trailed off.

"Wait... do angels have soulmates?" Sam asked.

"No... why would you think...oh..." I mumbled. I realized that I went from telling him it was true and then trailed off into myself and my soulmate problem. How could I be so stupid?

"But you just..." he started. I sighed and tried to think about how to go about explaining this. Then I realized, I couldn't.

"Angels aren't supposed to have soulmates. None of them are. I have only ever seen one before and he isn't exactly the cool guy. I understand his pain now but I always found it quite funny that he had a human soulmate and now I understand what it's like. I was walking around one morning and a there was a sharp pain in my gut. I had no idea why and I thought it was a fluke but it kept happening. Recently it's been the worst it's ever been and I just can't help but wonder who can go through so much pain."

"So you have a human soulmate?"

"I do." I said looking down. I felt ashamed of it and I didn't know why either. There was nothing to be ashamed of.

"Don't be ashamed. You seem to be nicer than all the others, aside from Castiel, we've met. It only makes sense that you would have a human soulmate too." I nodded and decided to get up and start washing the dishes.

Sam grabbed out mugs to help clean up and I was slightly grateful. "Thanks for not judging me." I said.

"Your welcome."

There was a loud thud followed by shattering and I whirled around to find Sam had tripped and dropped the mugs. I tried to ignore the searing pain in my right arm as I leaned down to help him up. His arm was covered in blood and cuts from the glass. I froze and Sam huffed. "Thanks for the help." he said sarcastically as he got up. I shook my head, snapping out of it.

"Sorry."

I leaned down and began picking up the glass. Once I threw it out, I headed over to their bags and grabbed the medical kit. Sitting him down, I began wrappig his arm and apologizing every time I caused him to wince. Once I was done wrapping it up I got up to put the medical kit up and yelped as I stepped on a shard of glass. I heard Sam hiss behind me but I ignored it as I put the box up.

"You should let me take that out." he said.

"No, no it's fine." I replied.

"No it's not. It's gonna hurt worse if you keep it in." I sighed and nodded. He leaned down and hissed as he pulled the shard out of my foot. "That was a big piece." he marveled. I nodded and bandaged my foot before sitting back down. I hadn't even realized I was holding my arm because of the pain. "Are you okay? Did you get cut?" he asked. I shook my head and he frowned. "Then why are you holding your arm as if it hurts?"

"Because it does. I don't understand why though. I mean I didn't cut it or sleep on it wrong so why does it..." I trailed off. Maybe my dream was right. I mean not everything from it but part of it. K=Nothing was wrong with my arm... yet it hurt. Sam's arm on the other hand was covered in blood and cuts and probably hurt far worse than my arm did. Does that me he's... no. I couldn't be that lucky. I couldn't have just happened to need to stop the person who was meant for me. Dad did say that I was the only one who could stop him from using the demon blood. Oh my goodness. Maybe he was.

"What?" Sam asked.

"Nothing." I said a little too quickly and he eyed me before nodding and relaxing.

"So Gabe... have you found your soulmate yet?"

"Gabe?"

"You don't mind do you?" he asked and I shook my head. No I didn't. Not really.

"I think I have but I'm not quite sure yet."

"What's their name?"

"No clue." I lied. He nodded and closed his eyes, taking a deep breath. I couldn't help but stare and I realized... I really did find the right guy. In all of my long life, it could have been anyone but it had to be the one person I never thought I'd get the chance to talk to let alone date. My soulmate. My very own Sammy Winchester.