Malec: "I missed it?!"

Requsted by sincerlysara

-
"Alec, are you okay?" Jace asks seeing his brother hunched over looking as if he was in pain.

"I..I dont know, it's probably just the baby sitting on my ribs again. I'll be fine." Alec replies sitting back against Magnus' bed.

"Should I call Magnus? It looks like you could go into labor any second." Jace says in concern.

"No, no hes with the seelie queen, she'd find it rude. Trust me, I'll be fine, he's coming home tomorrow afternoon, im sure I'll be able to keep this baby in until then. " Alec replies squeezing his eyes shut as another short sharp pain hit.

"Are you sure?" Jace asks placing a hand on his parabati's shoulder.

Alec nodded. "Lets go and get something to eat, Magnus left me my favorite food in the fridge before he left. "  Alec says struggling to get up.

"I'll get it, you stay here." Jace offers standing up.

Alec shook his head, "No, I can do it." He replies waddling out of the bedroom and into the kitchen. 

As Alec walked to the fridge Jace's phone buzzed, he pulled it out of his pocket to see that Magnus had messaged him.

Magnus: "hey, I'm on break, how Alec?"

Jace: "not sure, hes having cramps but I think its just cramps."

Magnus: "yeah he has alot of those, the baby is apparently very big and crowded inside of him, its just trying to get comfortable. I'll be home tomorrow, let me know if anything happens.

Jace: "will do."

He put his phone back into his pocket and walked out into the kitchen where Alec was struggling to sit on a stool.

"Here," Jace offers and lifted Alec with a grunt.

"Thanks." Alec smiles getting comfortable. 

"No problem." Jace chuckles sitting next to him.

He looked at Alec who was rubbing his baby bump and spooning up some of the pudding he had gotten from the fridge.

"I cant believe I'm going to be an uncle. " Jace says breaking the silence.

Alec smiled over at him "I know, its incredible isnt it? How im a man and Magnus is a man and warlock, its a miracle, I couldn't believe it when we found out, Magnus and I were shocked for days until I started getting morning sickness and puked literally every morning, and than I got the cravings and the moodswings which explained alot, but we didn't fully believe it until we heard its little heartbeat. Then we believed it, we were left speechless. We love our precious baby so much, he or she is going to be spoiled." Alec giggled.

Jace smiled wide at Alec who's eyes were shining with happiness and patted his back.

"If its a girl, look out Izzy is going to spoil her even worse then Magnus is." Jace laughs.

"Right,"Alec giggles into a spoonful of chocolate pudding.

Jace fixed his position on the stool, "So, have you thought of any names yet?" He asks.

Alec nodded. "If its a girl, we want to name her Laylin Isabelle Lightwood-Bane and if its a boy we want to name him Xaiver Jace Lightwood-Bane."

Jace's heart leaped, "your putting his middle name as mine?"

Alec smiled. "Of course we are, you're my parabatai, and will be extremely important in the babys life."

Jace silently laughed,  "thats amazing, thank you so much."