Prologue

Warning: This book is a sequel to another book I have written called 'Protection From Hell' and will definitely reference events from there a lot, although I suppose you could read this as a stand alone story.

Also, in my experience, this book may be absolutely horrid compared to the original, but I will try to make it just as good. And I made the cover for this book myself since I got tired of waiting so if it looks like shit it's my bad.

EDIT: I do NOT write smut, the farthest I can go is a makeout scene but do not expect me to get descriptive, if it happens, I'll just insinuate it or have someone say it during a dialogue scene. Just in case anyone was concerned about that. :) I'm still a fucking family friendly writer.

----------------------

I've lied, because I chose to.

I snapped, because I meant to.

I saved, because I had to.

I have wings, but not because I deserve them.

You want to know me? Take apart every inch of my life and analyze me? Fine, I won't stop you.

But don't think for one second, I am like them, because I'm not.

Because I'm real, I'll cuss you out, I'll knock your teeth in, I'll rebel in every way possible. And if you got a problem, too bad.

You wanted me here, well here I am, so deal with it.

---

Weren't expecting this, huh? That someone could evacuate whatever sick torture house you built? Well, you forgot to buff up security because I'm not obedient, tell me to sit and I'll stand up. Tell me to stay and I'll leave.

I'm not one of you, so don't treat me like I am.

Screw this plan, screw your army, screw everything about that 'pure' palace.

Also, here's some advice, next time, let me be dead in peace.

---

It's a choice, they said, everyone said, there's not a wrong decision.

Oh, really? Not a wrong choice? Just one is better than the other right? Of course, that's the catch.

Live in peace, knowing you could have stopped a whole massacre, saved millions of lives and become an unknown hero. Or, you could go, stop the massacre, save those lives, be that hero that you never wanted to be.

Simple, right?

Not.

It should, it really should, but it's the hardest decision in the world when you're torn between two worlds, fighting against two different forces.

Caught between the devil on your left and the angel on your right.

But, normally there's a human in the middle. Except, this time, there's nothing there.

Pick a side, they tell you, pick one, who are you?

I don't know.