Chapter 7

Once the plane landed and everyone piled out of the small tunnel entrance and into the gate, most of them flopped on to the floor, exclaiming thanks and sending prayers. Evan included.

"Land! Sweet land! I thought I'd never see you again!" He said, attempting to the hug the floor while Jonathan rolled his eyes from beside him.

"You are being so dramatic." He said.

Evan glared at him. "Well, sorry, but it's not my fault that I nearly died on my first plane ride!"

A woman nearby heard him just as the human was about to reply. "That was your first plane ride? Oh, I feel so sorry for you, I bet you were terrified!" She sounded so concerned, and Evan just nodded along while looking at Jonathan with a sour look.

"I was, and he didn't even care!" He said dramatically, Jonathan scoffed.

"I did care!" He said.

The woman laughed. "You two are so cute."

"Thanks." Evan and Jonathan said in unison.

---------------------------------------

"Oh, look at her! She's beautiful! If only you didn't wear so much black all the time, you'd have a chance at love." The bitch said, sitting next to me on a park bench, swooning after a girl who walked by.

"I don't like her, and I've been in love, bitch." She tried to slap me, I leaned back and dodged her.

"Don't call me that." She said, looking slightly relieved she didn't have to slap me. "I'm your mother, and you have never been in love." She spoke dismissively, who does she think she is, honestly?

"That's what you think. I have been in love! He was caring and sweet, until everything crashed and burn, but at least it wasn't some shitty fairytale where everything turns out right."

"He?! You fell in love with a boy? Oh, that's unexpected, but I'm sure He'll respect your decision." She said, now focusing her attention on every male teenager that passed.

She just wants to replace him, as if he is the only thing that is making me so adamant about leaving this god forsaken place.

"It's not a choice, you don't choose who you fall for, I'm not you. I don't just pick a person I share a pass time with. Because with him, he really made me happy, made every crazy thing in my life seem normal, he was the greatest thing that ever happened to me....." The words tumbled out of my mouth as I thought of him, his personality, his face, his eyes, his laughter.

I haven't really thought about him since I woke up, and now that I am, I can't stop, I miss him. He did a terrible thing, but I still want to see him.

But, I can't, because I'm stuck here. And I'm sure he's long forgotten me.

----------------------------

"I can't do this, I thought I could, but I can't. Nope, not today, I gotta go." Evan said as soon as Jonathan pulled the rental car up to Craig and Tyler's house.

"Yes you can, you know you can, today is the day. We're going in." Jonathan got out of the car, Evan following behind him. "Get the bags." Jonathan told him as walked towards the front.

"Bossy, much?" Evan grumbled as he opened the back seat and retrieved his boyfriend's suitcase and his own backpack filled with all the clothes he currently had.

Closing the door, he heard Jonathan lock it as he followed him up the walkway.

Jonathan rang the doorbell, taking his suitcase from Evan as they waited.

"Coming!" Evan recognized Craig's voice from inside the house, it was muffled, but he knew it was him. Anxiety began to pool in his stomach.

Footsteps, footsteps hurried across the floor, well, that's what Evan thought was happening based on what he could hear through the door.

The door opened, and Evan felt the breath catch in his throat as Craig greeted Jonathan, not even noticing him. Fear now mixed with his existing anxiety in his stomach.

"Jonathan! So glad to see you." They hug, Craig closes his eyes, Evan stays silent. "I can't believe it's been a whole- oh my fucking god." Craig was now staring at the hybrid. It was silent.

Evan went in for the hug first, he didn't know why, it was very unlike him, but he just realized how much he had missed the demon. Craig hugged back, still speechless.

"E-Ev? Is it really you?" His voice cracked through his sentence, and his grip tightened as if he would lose the hybrid again the very second he let him go. Evan felt the back of shirt begin to grow wet as the demon began to cry from joy.

Tears welled up in Evan's eyes too, as he also squeezed the boy closer to him. "Yeah, it is, it really is, buddy. I missed you so much." He spoke directly into his friend's ear, hearing Jonathan wander awkwardly into the house, presumably looking for Tyler.

They pulled away from each other, both of them wiping their away the tears in their eyes. Still the same as always, not wanting to let the other see them cry.

Out of almost nowhere, Craig punched him, causing Evan to reel backwards from the sudden force. "Ow, okay, I'll admit, I deserve that, but preferably not on the side where my new lip ring is, ow." Evan said, holding his face in pain as he doubled over.

"That's what you get for leaving me and not telling me you were back!" Craig said, playfully glaring at him.

"I just wanted to surprise you for Christmas! Fuck! Ow, I think my lip is bleeding." Evan spoke calmly, drawing his hand away to see if there were traces of blood. Nothing. "False alarm, I'm good." He stayed doubled over for a few more minutes before standing up, shaking his head a bit to dull the pain.

"I have so much to tell you, dude." Evan said, smiling.

"I'm just glad you're here, I almost don't need an explanation. Evan, I missed you so much you don't even know." Craig pulled the hybrid in for another hug, Evan lightly laughed. "And just so you know, this is the best Christmas present ever."

"Good, because I didn't get you anything else. Hey, is Tyler here? Or are you two not-"

"What the actual fuck?"

"There he is."

Tyler joined the two on the 'porch', disbelief in his eyes as the two pulled away from their hug once again. "What? How did you...? Since when? Fuck it, I'm so glad you're back." Tyler pulled him into a hug too, Evan froze for a second before relaxing into it. Old habits die hard.

"Nice to see you, too. How are things?" Evan asked, trying to keep things casual, and to keep his mind off of the fact he had just been hugged three times in the last five minutes.

"They've been great! Tyler and I moved in together!" Craig gestured to the house behind them, Evan smiled. "And everyone is in college now, as you know."

"Actually, I'm more interested in knowing how things are with Jonathan, Ev. Are you guys a thing again or...?" Tyler asked, pulling away once he realized that Evan must've been uncomfortable with the hug.

Evan ran a hand through his hair, biting as his lip rings- wincing in pain as he forgot one of them was fairly new, and that Craig had just punched him. Craig noticed but kept silent. "Yeah, I guess you could say that. We're a thing again."

"Aww, that's so great! You two are so cute together!" Tyler said before clearing his throat. "I mean, that's cool, glad you guys are happy."

"Thanks." Evan focused his gaze on the ground. "I guess it is pretty amazing."

"Someone's blushing!" Craig teased, poking Evan's arm.

"Shut up." Evan said, harsher than he expected. "Sorry, is anyone else here, yet?" His emotions were still all over the place, despite his efforts to keep them in check.

"Nope, no one, you guys are the first." Craig ignored Evan's odd behavior, he kind of expected it considering he was a hybrid.

Evan looked up at him again, his expression grim and serious. "Good, because I really need to talk to you. Alone."