Chapter 28

Sneak peek at end of chapter

---------

Marcel: I know we've only been away for a few weeks but I already realized how boring my life is without you guys

Brock: yes it is! Seriously I regret ever picking this college

Jonathan: you two are only saying that because Evan is back, meaning anything could happen

David: obviously, I mean every time you two are in a room together we don't know if you're gonna fight or make out

Craig: I'm gonna say they would just fight

Tyler: what makes you say that?

Craig: Evan's got a boyfriend, that Scott guy

Brian: oh shit Jon's got competition now

Lui: good for Evan, I'm proud of him

Brock: I still don't get why Ev and Jon broke up the second time??

Evan: don't you guys have something better to do than talk about my love life

Marcel: nope

Evan: being dead was better than this

Craig: how's the unpacking going, Ev

Jonathan: unpacking?

Evan: it's fine Craig, but I have to go

-----

"Still a bad idea." Evan said to himself as he opened another box, pulling out a few items and placing them on the hallway shelf. "Don't be ridiculous, Ev."

He moved on to the next shelf after a few more moments of thought. "But, maybe I need to, Craig isn't here, he can't stop me-" He cut himself off, shutting his eyes in frustration. "No, absolutely not. Stop thinking about it, you're fine."

There was a knock at the door and Evan, thankful for the distraction, let out a sigh and stopped himself from sprinting to it.

"Hey." Scott said once Evan opened the door, pulling the hybrid in for a hug. "How are you?" He said, concerned as he got a look at Evan.

"Stressed." Evan replied truthfully, walking back to he box he had been unpacking.

Scott sat on the couch, the only piece of furniture Evan had bought so far, watching his boyfriend continue to unpack. "You need to relax, Ev, come here." He patted the seat beside him.

Evan looked at him, contemplating the seat for a few heartbeats. He shook his head. "No, I can't, if I don't unpack now, I never will. Besides, I still need to paint the walls." He gestured to the cream colored walls that surrounded them.

"What's wrong with the color?" Scott asked, confused.

"It's disgusting." Evan said, pretending to vomit. "Seriously it needs to be like a dark gray or something."

The human laughed, picking something out of one of the boxes nearest to him. "Why do you have a Halloween decoration in a box of books?" He held up a bird skeleton.

"He's not a Halloween decoration, he's an all year round decoration and his name is Damien." Evan clarified, playfully glaring at Scott.

His boyfriend went silent for a few minutes, and Evan thought he was just relaxing, so he didn't look back and just continued to do what he was doing.