Chapter 8

Hi I published the groupchat book it's called TextMate go check it out pls

------------------------------

Craig led Evan to the room where he had been keeping all of the hybrid's possessions, figuring it would be a nice surprise.

It was. "Wow, I can't believe you saved all this shit." He looked around the room in awe.

"Of course I did! I couldn't bear to let it go, it was the last things I had to remember you. And I told Tyler I'd break up with him if we didn't keep it."

Evan fist bumped him. "I always knew you were the manipulative type." He joked.

"Well, I always knew you were the zombie type." Craig shot back. The two laughed, acting as if nothing had happened, that no time had ever passed since they saw each other last. For a second, they were back to being that inseparable pair of friends.

But only for a second. Evan's face fell as he let out a heavy sigh. "All jokes aside, I really do have something really important to say, Mini." Evan used the nickname, missing the way it used to roll off his tongue.

"What is it, Vanoss?" Craig used the nickname too, trying to lighten the mood.

Evan turned to face him, his expression serious. "Heaven is after me." He spoke, keeping eye contact with the demon.

"What? Why?" Craig understood why Evan was freaked out now.

"Because, they want me on their team. Actually, let me back track a bit. You know how I was supposed to go to like Purgatory or some shit?" Craig nodded. "Well, I didn't. I went to Heaven, and you know who was there?"

"Who?" Craig felt like he was in some action movie or something.

Evan scoffed, thinking it over with disgust. "My parents."

"No." Craig didn't believe it.

"Oh yes, apparently they just let anyone up there! Including abusive alcoholic assholes like them! And get this, they didn't even remember anything about Hell! Retards." Evan was now pacing across the room, completely pissed off as he crossed his arms.

"What else happened?" Craig was sat on the bed, a box of sheets next to him.

"They tried to convert me, those pieces of shit! 'Oh, Evan! Don't you want to wear something a bit more fitting? Here, try this white shirt!' 'Don't curse Evan, He doesn't like that!' Lucifer's sake! It was so infuriating!" Craig could tell Evan was shaking with anger just thinking about what had happened.

Evan turned back to him. "But that's not it, okay? Yeah, that sucked by itself, I mean, my parents trying to be actual parents for once? Trippy. But, the most fucked up reason is why. Because let me tell you something, Heaven wants to completely take over, so they brought my parents there just for me. Because they thought it would 'convince' me to join them. Crazy, right?"

"Back up, what do you mean that 'Heaven wants to take over'?"

"You remember the whole battle of Heaven and Hell in order to protect Purgatory?"

"Yeah."

"This time it's worse. They want to completely wipe out Hell and Purgatory, obliterate any traces of sin, or some shit like that. They want humans to have 'complete free will' because apparently they don't have that with Purgatory and Hell existing."

"That's ridiculous. Besides, no offense, but what did they think you could do?"

Evan sighed. "I don't know, I really don't, but now I'm all caught up in this mess that I don't want to be in. Not to mention, there's a spy in Hell."