Chapter 3

Hey I'm loving life and I hope you are too

---------------------

"Mirror, Mirror, on the wall, who here is the purest of them all?" I joked as I sat at my desk, glaring at anyone who walked past and stared at me- which was everyone since I was still dressed in completely black and had refused to get rid of my piercings.

And it was hilarious when my wings appeared out of the blue since I hadn't fully controlled them yet.

"Maybe it's her, miss blonde and blue eyes, or maybe him, the one who always looks like he's gonna cry." My jokes may have only amused me, but I didn't care. I don't need these fucking angels, I'm not one of them, no matter what anyone says.

Besides, the joke is really on them.

Because they brought a demon into the heart of heaven.

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Thank you!" Evan said happily to the lady behind the counter, clutching his new phone with excitement, a new black case hiding its silver color.

He left the store, fishing the keys out of his pocket as he strode over to the car, unlocking it and sliding in. He placed the key in the ignition, twisting it with ease as he one handedly put on his seatbelt.

Turning on the air conditioning along with the radio- playing the only cool CD that Jonathan owned.

"Next stop, lunch." He told himself, putting the car in reverse and pulling it out.

----

"Do I really want to do this?" Evan ran his hand through his hair again, tugging at his lip ring with his teeth as he leaned back in the driver's seat.

He stared at the tattoo parlor- well, it's really a tattoo and piercing shop, but he liked to keep things briefly-intensely, weighing his options.

"Fuck it, let's go." He turned off the car, grabbed his new phone and got out, closing the door behind him and locking it as he went inside.

I'm like, what, 20? I can do whatever the hell I please. He smirked to himself as he strolled up to the front desk.

"How can I help you?" The girl said, her arms covered in tattoos and her ears lined with piercings, a small, silver hoop threaded through her nose and her galaxy hair pulled back into a ponytail. Typical employee for one of these places.

"I wanted to get a second lip piercing, just right next to this one." He said politely, casually pointing to his existing one.

"Alright, here, just sign this paperwork-oh, I have to ask, you're over 18, right?" She said as she slid over a clipboard.

He nodded. "Yeah, I'm 20, just started college." It wasn't a complete lie, he was starting college, or, rather he would be starting college if he hadn't, you know, died.

"Sweet, I figured, but I'm required to ask. Although, I can tell you know what you're doing." She said, referring to his earrings and current lip ring.

He smiled. "Yeah, I do, even though my brother and his parents were so pissed when I got it done the first time."

"Oh, are you visiting family?" She tried to make conversation as Evan filled out the form.

"Nah, not yet, I'm just in town for a bit visiting my friend. Haven't seen my brother in about four years, figured another piercing would be a lovely greeting." He joked, signing the last thing he needed and passing it over to her.

She laughed. "I know the feeling, hope you freak him out."

Evan laughed as well, except his laughter was for a different reason as he said "Oh, he is totally going to flip his shit when he sees me. So, how much do I owe you?"

----

His lip had a lingering pain as he said bye to the woman at the front desk and went out the front door.

He got in the car, deciding now would be a good time to text the human.

Evan: hey, got a new phone, still the same number, right?

Jonathan: holy shit I never realized I saved your number after everything

Evan: I'm offended

Jonathan: you were also dead

Evan: is it the same number or not?

Jonathan: yes, yes it is

Evan: that was all I wanted to know, I'll be over in a few

Evan: I have a few more things I need to do

---------------------

"Thanks for taking me, Zach. Without you, I would've had to walk everywhere." Jonathan said as he exited the car, slinging his bag over his shoulder as he held his drink in the other.

"No problem, something happen to your car?" He asked from the open window of the passenger seat.

"No, it's just my friend borrowed it for the day, he's spending a couple weeks with me, so, yeah." The human replied.

"Cool, do I know him?" His friend asked.

Jonathan shook his head. "No, I don't think so."

"What's his name?"

Jonathan sighed, taking a sip of his drink as his throat went dry. "Evan. His name's Evan."

-------------------

"Absolutely not." Craig said, taking the object from his boyfriend's hand and placing it on the store table.

Tyler picked it back up, waving it in Craig's face. "Oh, come on, why not?"

Craig placed two fingers on his temple, closing his eyes in annoyance. "We are not putting an angel on top of our Christmas tree, Tyler."

Tyler smirked, pulling on his boyfriend's sleeve. "Seriously? Why not?"

Craig glared at him. "Do I really need to answer that question?"

Tyler laughed. "Fine, fine. It was still worth a shot."

Craig gave him a peck on the lips, rolling his eyes playfully. "Yes it was."