Chapter 5

HI I LOVE 2P!Vanoss and just the whole 2P! universe! Also, sorry if my profile looks like a mess, I'm trying to make a logo so.....yeah. ENJOY!

EDIT: thanks for 1k reads!

-----------------------------------------

Jonathan yawned as he opened his eyes, waking up wrapped in Evan's arm with his head nestled against his chest. He blinked a few times to get the sleep out of his eyes as he prepared to wiggle out of the hybrid's grip.

But, he noticed something, one of Evan's wings was wrapped around him as well, the other one folded neatly against his back and slightly tucked underneath him.

He felt a bit sore, but he knew that he had to get up since he had class in a couple of hours. He lightly poked at the boy next to him.

"Ev, can you move your wing? I have class today." The hybrid stirred, mumbling an incoherent sentence in response. "Ev, come on." He said once more, pushing him gently.

"I don't want to go to school, today, mom, the angels are a bunch of jackasses." Evan said, still asleep.

Jonathan froze, Evan couldn't have just said that, he pushed him again. "Evan, I have class, come on, wake up."

Evan opened his eyes, looked at Jonathan in confusion for a second, then his wings disappeared as he let go. "S-sorry, I told you, I don't have much control of the wings yet."

Jonathan got out of bed, pulling on a pair of boxers and sweatpants he took from his drawer. "It's fine, it's not like I haven't seen them before, right?"

"Yeah." Evan said, his voice reflecting how tired he was as he also got up and pulled on his own boxers and pants as well as retrieving his shirt from the floor along with his flannel. "Hey, um, can you just ignore what I said earlier? I was half asleep and delusional."

A part of Jonathan wanted to listen to Evan and ignore it, and another part wanted to address it. But, he had just repaired things with the hybrid, they even slept together! So, he nodded and went along with it, he'd find out later.

"Hey, is Zach picking you up today or are you driving?" The hybrid asked, sitting on the bed once he had gotten dressed.

"Uh, I think Zach is driving me, why?" Jonathan asked, slightly limping to his closet, causing Evan to smirk.

"Obviously because I want to crash your car." Evan joked, rolling his eyes playfully.

"Ha ha, very funny. Oh, by the way, I forgot to tell you that in about a week we're going to fly out to Tyler and Craig's for Christmas. Everyone's going." Jonathan said, catching Evan's attention as he stopped halfway through the door.

"A week? You're telling me I have a week to decide what I'm going to say to Craig? To decide what I'm going to tell everyone?" He leaned against the door, on the verge of hyperventilating.

Jonathan dropped the shirt he was holding, rushing over to Evan. "Hey, it's gonna be okay, just take it one step at a time. Just focus on one thing, and that's that you are going to see Craig again. He's been so miserable without you, without Tyler I don't think he'd be anywhere close to being okay. Breathe, just focus on that. I love you."

Evan smiled as best he could. "I love you too." He choked out, leaning over and putting his hands on his knees. "Sorry about this, why don't you just get ready for class?" His voice was strained as he slowly made it to the bed, collapsing on top of it while he tried to control his breathing. "I'll be fine."

Reluctantly, Jonathan complied, since he really did have to get ready, Zach would be there any minute and as much as he wanted to take care of Evan, he couldn't.

"Alright, just text me and tell me you're okay, deal?" Jonathan slid a shirt over his head as he changed from sweatpants into jeans.

Evan weakly nodded as Jonathan left the room, his head fell back onto the messed up covers, and one of the last things he saw was his wings appearing and wrapping around him like a safety blanket. He was passed out before Jonathan even walked out the door.

----

"Hey dude, sorry I'm a bit late, my friend had like a panic attack, he's fine." Jonathan said as he quickly slid into his friend's car.

"Hey, no big deal, we're like fifteen minutes early anyway." He glanced over at Jonathan, who was frantically checking his phone. "Dude, I'm sure he's fine, relax for once. What is he, your boyfriend?" Jonathan stayed silent. "Oh shit! He is? Look at you, getting some! What school does he go to? Ivy League? Where?"

"Oh, he doesn't go to college, he didn't even graduate high school."

"Oh, so he's one of those guys? I thought you knew better, Jon."

"It's not like that, Zach. He's actually really smart, he just got caught up in some family stuff, it's complicated."

"Well, he better be special, or else I'll kick his ass."

Jonathan laughed. "I think the guys got that job covered, Zach."

"Alright, alright, but I call it next time."

---------------

"Tyler, do you ever feel like maybe he's still here? Like he never really died and something went wrong?" Craig was pressed up against Tyler, a movie playing as they lounged on the couch.

"I know it's nearly the anniversary, but relax, okay? It's hard to accept it, but he's gone, I'm sorry, I really am, you know that. But hey, everyone's gonna be over in a few days, we'll celebrate Christmas and everything is gonna be fine."

"I guess you're right, I just really miss him, Tyler." Craig said, leaning his head back and closing his eyes.

Tyler rubbed his boyfriend's arm. "I know you do, but it's gonna be fine."

-----

Why the hell am I here? Is this a hospital? Do they even have that in Purgatory? How does one sign into this place? And why is everything so whi- no, oh no no no, there's no way.

I shot out of bed, checking to make sure I still had my black attire. Check, I'm still me.

There was a sudden weight that appeared on my back, and it took me a second to realize that it was my wings, all black like they used to be, except the very tips of them were white, like they had been dipped in a can of paint, they blended in very nicely. Guess I'm a demon with angel wings, or at least, they act like angel wings. Fine by me, anything I can do to stand out.

But, if I'm not truly dead, then how the hell do I get back home?