Chapter 33

IF THIS AINT A SIGN IDK WHAT IS (see pic above) [also ps it's a Twitter glitch]

-----

"Smitty?" Scott blinked a few times to be sure of himself, the doctor had really given him quite hefty sedatives. "That you?"

Smitty smiled at him, placing a hand on his arm. "Yeah, it's me dude." Scott nodded, satisfied enough.

Then he looked around the room, frowning. "Where's Evan?" He asked in confusion, looking to his friend for reassurance. "He's okay, right?" His voice was almost frantic.

Placing both hands on his arm, Smitty attempted to calm down his injured friend. "Hey, relax, okay? Evan's still in surgery, but as soon as he's out they're going to bring him in here."

Scott nodded slowly, taking in what he had said. "What about his friends? Are they here too?" He attempted to sit up but Smitty held him down.

"Yes, they're here, just waiting outside, okay? His brother and his friends are here, it's gonna be okay, Scott."

"You don't know that, Smit, you really don't. What if something goes wrong in surgery? What if Evan isn't okay? It would be my fault, dude! All my fault that my boyfriend is dead! He's already hurt! Smitty, I can't lose him, I can't!" Scott began to break down, holding onto his friend in desperation for comfort, but it wasn't working.

Smitty hugged him awkwardly- Scott was sitting whereas he was standing- rubbing circles onto his back lightly.

"It's not your fault, Scott, it's not. You had the green light, you had the right of way, this was not your fault." Smitty nervously chewed on his lip in between words, scared to say something wrong.

Scott tore away from his friend's embrace, settling for scrunching up the fabric of his shirt with his fists. He rested his head in-between them, his gaze facing the floor.

"I don't care about the logistics, dude, Evan could be dead!" He loosened his grip on the shirt, instead letting it go completely only to create a fist once more and slam it against Smitty's chest.

It hurt, but he let it go, allowing Scott to deal with the situation at hand.

Scott let his fist slide down after a few more hits, hanging limply at his side as tears began to make a reappearance.

"If only I had waited just a few more seconds......"

-----

"Oh my god, I'm going to jail." The man tugged at his hair, his body hunched over in his seat as he waited in the interrogation room. "You promised I would be fine!"

The angel ignored his furious hiss as she calmly walked over and hopped onto the table, crossing her legs. "I understand your concern, Mitchell, truly I do. But I can assure you that the only consequence you shall receive is a large headache."

Slamming his hands on the table, he jerked his face towards her with an almost lunatic look in his eye. "I just purposely hit two kids, I'm going to get more than just a headache."

She was still confused by his behavior. "You were doing work for the Lord, Mitchell. Yet you regret your choices? There are millions of people who would sacrifice even their families to do what you've done."

"Mitchell, you are coming up on a stoplight." He begins to slow down, slightly applying pressure to the breaks. "What are you doing? I want you to run it".

The man was appalled. "Run it? Are you insane?"

Her face turned serious as she moved so her face was directly next to his. "Angels are incapable of insanity, we are very serious creatures. So when I tell you I want you to run a red light, I mean it."

He shook his head, yet he didn't press the brakes anymore. "Why do you want me to run this light?"

"You will see a gray car, doesn't matter what brand because I want you to hit it with everything you got. It is the will of God, and His will is law."

"I-is there a criminal in that car or something?" He could see the light in the distance, his heart raced as he sped up. The light was yellow.

She stayed silent, her eyes wide with delight as she saw him accelerate. There was no going back now.

"No," her voice was quiet, but Mitchell was hanging on to her every word. "Not criminals-"

"There's two of them?" Dread ran through his veins.

"Never-mind that, there's only one we need to focus on." Her voice was hard, her hand gripped the driver seat, knuckles beginning to turn white. "Because unlike you, he turned away when God called to him. Unfortunately, his boyfriend is actually collateral damage."

With that, Mitchell slammed on his breaks right as they reached the light, but he was a second too late since his body was pulled forward as the two cars collided.

"It was a hate crime, you sadistic bitch, you made me commit a hate crime."

"Hush, Mitchell. Because of this, you shall receive a reserved space in Heaven."

"I don't want it! I deserve to rot in Hell because of what I did, for purposely hitting an innocent couple going about their day! I could very well be a murderer and here you are rewarding me for it? What kind of angel are you?"

Her face tightened, and she forced a smile at him. "I am an angel who follows my orders. My orders were to eliminate the threat that escaped from Heaven a few months ago, and because of you, I can do just that."

"What did they ever do to you." He stated, nothing but malice and hatred in his words. "What is so bad that you want them dead?"

"He stopped our war before it even started."