Chapter 35

Both a short and late chapter, sorry

---

Evan had no idea how long he was stuck in dead space, just watching people come and go through his room as they please.

He watched Scott heal and get checked out, only to come back the next day to visit him, and the day after that, and the day after that, and he watched how it turned to a visit everyday. Either way, he smiled every time he saw Scott's hopeful face.

"Ev, I don't know if you can hear me, but you have to wake up. Please. I never knew how lonely I was until this happened. Yeah, I have my roommates, but I need you." Scott sighed, pulling a chair over from the side of the room so he could be directly next to Evan.

He gripped his limp hand, tears brimmed in his eyes. His eyes closed momentarily as thoughts of the crash drifted into his head. The thought of him gripping Evan's hand through all of that pain caused him to muffle a sob.

Evan crouched down a few inches to his left, looking at him with sadness and concern.

"Don't cry, babe." He whispered as Scott's shoulders began to shake, his hand still linked with Evan's.

"Evan, please. You were the one good thing in my life, please don't leave me. I know you think negatively a lot, but with me you're happy even though sometimes it's fake and forced, but I don't say anything because I don't want to ruin it. I know you're hurting, so I tell you I love you because I do, Ev. Damnit! Why did this happen?" Tears were falling freely now.

"I should've seen that damn car, I should've. It's all my fault. You could die at any second and it would be my fault!" Now he was nearly yelling.

--

Jonathan hated how torn apart Scott was about Evan. Yeah, they may have been dating but they haven't been dating that long.

And maybe, Jonathan was just the jealous type, not wanting to let other people play with his old toys. Even if he may have broken them long ago.

It physically hurt him every time he saw Scott cry over Evan's comatose body, every time there hands were linked and Scott was whispering how much he loved him into his ear. He hated it because he didn't have it anymore. He should have.

But no, because he went and fucked it up. College is a blast until suddenly you go to a random ass party and ended up alone the next day. Both your one night stand and your boyfriend left you. It's not supposed to be this hard, dating someone.

Why did life have to be so unfair? Instead of giving Jonathan a chance to win back Evan, the world decided to have Evan get a date with this 'amazing' guy. It was horrible.

Seeing how happy Scott made Evan was the worst punishment. Watching a person smile at someone else the way they used to smile at you. It's awful.

He didn't even want Evan to wake up anymore, he just wanted to go back to his apartment and try to avoid everything that was going on. He just wanted to accept that their relationship was gone and go home.

But no, because there was a crash and he would look like even more of a dick if he just went home.

A part of him wished Evan was dead. It was a small part, but a part of him nonetheless. He had his closure four years ago when he died the first time. He accepted he was gone.

But now, Evan was like, ugh, if only words could describe how he felt about Evan. He loved him, but he knew there was a difference between loving someone and being in love.

If he truly was in love with Evan, no one else would've captivated his attention but him. Evan would be the only person on his mind everyday of the week, the only person he wanted to be around when he was lonely, the only thing that could make him happy on a sad day.

In other words? Yes, Jonathan was most certainly in love with him.