Chapter 17

I don't have school today and I actually got a good amount of sleep life is great

---------------

Evan walked through the door and made a beeline for his room, half hoping to be alone, and half hoping Jonathan would follow him. He really wanted to talk to him, or did he?

Yes, yes he did. Damn, he infuriated himself so much, he just wanted to go one day where he didn't have to worry about anything. One day where he knew he was either an angel or a demon and act as he usually did.

Actually, he would prefer just being a demon, something told him he would absolutely despise being an angel. Being perfect just wasn't for him.

----

"I should probably talk to him, shouldn't I?" Jonathan said, scratching the back of his neck as he stared up the stairs where his boyfriend had disappeared.

"That might be best." Craig said, although he didn't sound too confident of himself. But Jonathan shook it off, because, as usual, he had a plan.

-

As soon as Craig saw Jonathan go up the stairs, he turned to his friends. "Should we leave?"

"That's probably a really good idea, I don't want to be a murder witness." Marcel said, standing up with his jacket in hand. The others followed suit and left just as they heard a door open upstairs.

----

"What do you want?" Evan flinched as he snapped. "Sorry, I don't know where that came from."

Jonathan sat next to Evan, who was laying face up on his bed. "It's okay, you're probably still a little mad from earlier."

Evan sighed, meeting the human's eyes. "I'm really sorry about that, you know. I shouldn't have snapped at you so much. I do trust you, you know that, right?"

Jonathan was honestly shocked, why would Evan be sorry? He didn't do anything to him earlier, yeah he pushed him, but that was understandable.

"Why are you apologizing?" Jonathan moved so that he was straddling Evan.

The hybrid thought nothing of it, propping himself up on his elbows. "Because I pushed you, and nearly went demon-mode on you. I probably scared the shit out of you."

Jonathan laughed. "Evan, you have never once scared me, except maybe when you first went 'demon-eyes' on me, but I trust you. You're nice, you'd never hurt me, I know you wouldn't." He leaned forward, cupping Evan's face in his hands, looking directly into his eyes.

"Really?" Evan was surprised, usually when he does that around Craig, he scares him so much that he avoids him for a few days. "I've never scared you?"

Jonathan brought the hybrid into a sweet kiss, lasting for only a few moments, and when he pulled away, he spoke sweetly. "Really, you're the sweetest person I've ever met. Even if sometimes that's hard to believe." He kissed him again. "I won't go to the party if you really don't want me to."

Evan definitely was feeling an angel vibe at the moment, the moment was too pure; young love at its finest, a cliche in the making. The angel in him was so strong, that he barely remembered the party.

"It's okay, I trust you, if you say nothing is going to happen, then nothing is going to happen. You wouldn't make the same mistake twice, right?" Evan let Jonathan pull him into another kiss before he got an answer.

"Never again, babe."

Something clicked in Evan's head, a small thought holding nearly as much power as Jonathan's sweet words.

He's manipulating you, don't let yourself be in this position, Ev. You're making a mistake. Don't. Do. This.

It was the demon inside of him, trying to either ruin the moment or warn him. Since Evan didn't want to believe the latter, he assumed it was the former. He let Jonathan kiss him once more, letting his body drop onto the bed as he removed his arms from their supportive positions at his sides, instead tangling his hands in Jonathan's hair.

Stop it. You know better. You know what he did last time you let him in, he tricked you. Don't trust him, he's dang-

Shut. Up.

His angel side snapped in his head, breaking off the demon's thoughts and allowing Evan to enjoy the moment. Good to know not every part of him wanted to be alone and closed off.

After about fifteen minutes of making out on Evan's bed, Jonathan still on top of him, the angel and the demon in his head finally stopped trying to get through.

He was in too deep now, and the only choice he had was to let the night go where it may. Despite the sudden urges he had to stop, he kept going until the night became nothing but a blur to him.

It was morning Evan's problem now.

---------------

This has got to be your most ridiculous idea yet, Ev.

No, angel, it's been his greatest idea yet. The only way both of us get to stay in his head is if we do this.

Who said I want you here, demon?

I'm always here, I'm the better part of Evan, I've been here all his life. He loves me, and despises you with a passion.

You are not the better part of him, I am, I'm the angel here, you are the devil incarnate.

Hey, I'm not that high in the Order of Demons, I'm just a regular one. If I was the devil incarnate, do you really think I'd let you stay here?

If he goes through with this plan to escape Heaven, he is going to be making a big mistake.

Why's that?

Because then we'll both be stuck in his head for the rest of his life. Trust me, it's better he stays in Heaven until he's of age to have a fully developed bloodline.

Being stuck with you forever is better than watching Evan suffer here. Seriously, you need to think about how he feels, he hates it here.

He'll soon learn that this is the best place he could-

Will you shut the fuck up? He belongs on Earth where there are people who actually care about him, not here where there are plenty of celestial douchebags who can't so much as look at him.

....

Look who's quiet now, how does it feel to be beaten by a demon?

You were once an angel.

We left Heaven for a reason.