Chapter 13

OMG I HIT 350 FOLLOWERS THANK YOU SO MUCH ALSO THIS BOOK HIT 3k READS?? LIKE I SWEAR YESTERDAY IT HAD 2k

---------

"I honestly wish I knew what the hell was wrong with you." Craig glared at Jonathan, everyone else taking in what Evan had just said. "You need to learn that if Evan avoids a question, he doesn't want to talk about it."

"Oh, you would know, wouldn't you? You just know everything about him, don't you?" Jonathan snapped.

"I know more than you." Craig growled, still holding his glare.

"Alright, everyone calm down. Let's just not bring it up when he comes back, alright? That includes you, Jonathan. I know you think you're better than everyone else because you're his boyfriend, but you're not, so keep your mouth shut and try not to do something stupid again." Tyler said, glaring between his boyfriend and Jonathan.

He had to do that a lot; separate Craig and Jonathan and try to keep them from ripping the others throat out. They often got into heated arguments regarding Evan, and now that he was back, there was sure to be an increase.

Jonathan crossed his arms. You make one mistake and suddenly everyone marks you off as the bad guy. Luckily, the hybrid had taken one title off of him. Evan was now the loose canon, never knowing what he was gonna do. It was actually kind of relieving in a way.

Craig's phone buzzed, and immediately he fished it out of his pocket, checking what is was.

Evan: I'm good, I just needed to get some fresh air, don't worry about me

He sighed with relief, putting the phone back into his pocket as he got up from the couch, heading over to get a drink from the kitchen.

------

It was when Evan had reached the heart of the city that he realized his mistake of leaving the house.

One, he had no idea where he was, and he only had his phone and a bit of cash- well, what he considered to be a bit- other than that, he didn't know where anything was. And two, he was in a prime position for any inhuman creature to come get him.

He took a deep breath, deciding to keep walking- taking confident strides like he knew exactly where he was going. Hopefully, if any angel came walking past, they would think he was just another human.

But, something kept eating at him, which wasn't abnormal, something was always eating at him these days, just another everyday battle against himself. Although, this time, it didn't feel as, how could he put it, petty, like what to say or how to feel, no, this was different.

He didn't know what it was until it hit him, it was the same feeling he had felt when he found out Jonathan had cheating on him; a slight aching in his chest, and his head felt a bit lighter, but he didn't know why.

It was probably just his heightened paranoia, thinking that something was out to get him, to make sure he didn't have any happiness or just be comfortable with where he was in life, but that was ridiculous. Jonathan learned his lesson, he wasn't going to make the same mistakes, this time would be better. This time, Evan might be able to get that life that Craig was talking about earlier.

A house, a pet, maybe a few kids, sure there'd be small complications but they'd get through them; they could smuggle demons over from Hell or raise human kids who learned not to tell anyone about him. He could have that, he knew he could, this time around he could finally have his normal.

But, that thought of normal still scared him, a house, he was fine with that, but the rest? That was just too much for him. Maybe, he could handle a pet, but he was very skeptical about kids.

Honestly, it was his parents, the way they had treated him, it really messed with him. Yes, it was years ago and he hadn't ever had a drink of alcohol, except for that time after him and Jonathan broke up and he was just so destroyed, that was it. But still, it killed him, knowing that emotions had so much control over him and his actions, he couldn't handle that.

Suddenly, he realized that he was in a fast food place, next in line, guess he was subconsciously thinking about how hungry he was, or maybe he just wanted to rest.

Either way, he still ordered, got his drink and patiently waited for his food at the counter. Once he had it, he found a place to sit in the corner and began to eat, or just pick at his food really, he knew he needed to eat but the hunger he had earlier just wasn't there.

He grimaced at the first few bites, which he had eaten quickly as soon as he heard his stomach give a low growl. Taking it a bit slower, his head shot up as soon as he heard a bell ring, signifying someone had just walked in.

Surprisingly, it was Craig, although Evan was very cautious, he didn't know enough of Heaven's tricks yet.

"You okay? You look pretty miserable eating those fries." Definitely Craig, no angel could ever have that type of humor.

Evan nodded, although he sighed. "Yeah, I'm fine. How'd you find me by the way?"

Craig's face was confused for a second. "Didn't you text me?"

Evan checked his phone quickly, although his suspicion rose, but he wouldn't put it past himself to forget about texting someone. Nothing.

Still, he played it off. "Oh yeah, I forgot, sort of just got lost in thought there." He glanced around, having a trick up his sleeve. Nudging 'Craig', he jerked his head over to a guy sitting a few tables away. "He's cute, isn't he? Why don't you get his number?"

They looked at the guy, Evan could tell they were trying to figure out if the real Craig would think he's attractive.

"Yeah, I guess he is." They turned back to the hybrid.

Evan leaned closer to him. "You should get his number."

They looked flustered. "W-what?"

Evan smirked. "You heard me, get his number! You've been miserable ever since you broke things up with Tyler, go out there and see what the world had to offer!"

They knew Evan wasn't going to leave them alone until they did as he said, so he awkwardly stood up and started walking over.

Evan was out the door with the remainder of his food before they even got halfway there.

But what the hell was that thing?