Chapter 15

O N E W E E K L A T E R

"No." Evan glared at Jonathan, his eyes darker than usual.

"Oh, come on! Why not? You don't even have to go, just me!" Jonathan protested, his hands on Evan's shoulders. "Please, I really want to go to this party."

"I already fucking told you, it's a no." Evan stated, his tone leaving no room for arguments as he marched downstairs.

Jonathan followed behind. "Zach will keep an eye on me the whole night, Ev! Promise!"

"Oh, and I'm supposed to trust Zach why now?" Evan spun around as soon as he reached the bottom.

"Because he's my friend! Besides, it's a college party! I can't miss it!" Jonathan lightly pushed Evan back so he could reach the floor as well.

"I don't give a shit what kind of party it is! It is still a no!" Evan raised his voice, not caring who was home.

Jonathan's temper, much like his boyfriend's, flared, and he spoke without thinking. "Just because your parents ruined the thought of having fun, doesn't mean that you have to."

The guys glanced over at the couple from their spots in the living room, where they had just been talking.

Evan's eye twitched, and his eyes were so dark that they could be mistaken for black-not to mention they were on the verge of flashing red. He pushed the human.

"Fine. Go to the fucking party, drink as much shit as you can, do whatever crazy thing you want, don't let me ruin your fun." Evan tore his gaze from the boy, his eyes returning to normal as he looked at Craig and jerked his head toward the door.

"Come on, bitch, let's go." Craig hopped up from the couch, jumping over it and joining the hybrid at the door.

"Where are you going?" Jonathan asked, standing up.

"Out." Evan snapped, opening the door and walking out, Craig followed behind without a word.

--

"What happened?" Tyler asked as soon as the two left, his eyes on the movie playing on the TV.

"You know Zach, right?" Tyler nodded. "Well, he texted me about this party happening a little bit outside the city, and when I asked Evan about it, well you saw what happened."

The guys burst into laughter.

"Oh my god! You just love to push your luck, don't you?" Marcel said sarcastically.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Jonathan asked bitterly, his arms crossed as he glared at his friend.

"Damn, you are so stupid, aren't you?" Tyler face-palmed. "Did you actually think that Evan would just agree to another party? First of all, he already hates them, and then on top of that it's you! The guy who ruined any enjoyment he had in going to parties, you realize that, right? You're the sole reason he doesn't even want to hear the word party!" Tyler said, standing up so he could look directly at his friend.

"Please," Tyler pleaded. "Don't strain your relationship anymore. You don't need this, he doesn't need this. You're walking on thin ice, don't fuck this up."

"I agree." David said. "After all, Evan has had a lot to deal with these past few weeks. Then there was the shapeshifter thing, what he needs right now is for you to be there, not at some fucking party."

"Why does my life have to revolve around him now?" Jonathan snapped.

"It doesn't have to, but it is the least you could do for him! He has had to go through so much of your shit, it only makes sense for you to go through his." Brock spoke up, his voice having a small edge.

"My shit is no where near the level his is at! For starters, I'm a human! Not some Demgel or whatever the fuck. There has to be some boundaries." Jonathan shot back at Brock, somewhat aware that this was the group's first real full blown argument.

"Why are you even with him, then? What's the point in you trying so hard to get him back, if you're just going to do the same shit over and over again? Haven't you fucked with him enough already? He has died for you, Jon! You won, okay? So choose, is he your boyfriend or not?" Tyler was so done with Jonathan, if he was honest, and he had been beside him for a lot, but if this was how he was going to treat his boyfriend's best friend, he was going to stop it.

Jonathan sighed. "You don't understand how our relationship works, see-"

"I don't understand how it works? It should work like a normal fucking relationship. You think Craig and I have some special rules just because he's a demon? No, that's not how this works, Jonathan." Tyler sat back down, grabbing the remote and cranking the volume, he was done talking.

Jonathan scoffed, walking to the door with a quickened pace, opening it with anger.

Tyler bit his tongue, he would not ask where he was going, he could care less. That's what he told himself until he heard the door slam behind him.

Not even a flinch.